Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

"The Peter Bentley Snuff Bottle Collection"
and "introduction by Bill Patrick"

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
January 28, 2022, 10:07:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hello snuff bottle collectors !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello snuff bottle collectors !  (Read 473 times)
George
Administrator

« on: January 16, 2011, 09:41:54 pm »

Well, think I have the forum set up enough to start posting !

I collected snuff bottles about four years ago. Actually, I even made a couple of dollars buying and selling them online.

Ended up selling my small collection. I now have an interest in building another collection. My first choice in collecting are the inside painted bottles. They are fascinating, and many are just beautiful. A second collecting choice are the porcelain bottles, followed by the carved mineral type bottles. It is another story for another day, but the collecting of the carved mineral bottles was directly responsible for the lapidary work I do these days.

For myself, collecting is also an investment. I could not help but notice that the price of many bottles have gone up over the past few years. Bottles that I purchased and or sold a few years ago now sell for quite a bit more. 

During the past few weeks I have searched high and low for a group, or forum dedicated to snuff bottles. For the amount of bottles that I know are bought and sold every day, was surprised to not find any such group or forum. I did join up to a couple of bottle collector forums, but the topic of snuff bottles is rare. Most of the topics are related to the type of old glass snuff bottles that are dug from the ground. Also joined up to a popular Asian Arts forum. There were a few Chinese type snuff bottle topics, but again.., only a very few. Most of those were archived topics from over a few years time.

I am not an expert with any of these different types of Chinese snuff bottles, but have a real interest in sharing and learning more about snuff bottles with other collectors.

After realizing there are absolutely no groups or forums dedicated to these bottles, decided to create one with the hope that other snuff bottle collectors might particapate. 

I hope if you have stumbled upon this forum that you will join up and just have a little fun. Talk about, share, and learn from each other about our common interests in these unique bottles.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:53:34 pm by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

My Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: