Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this absolutely stunning cobalt blue dragon pillar bottle. Imperial kilns, Jingdezhen.

"The Peter Bentley Snuff Bottle Collection"
and "introduction by Bill Patrick"

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
June 22, 2021, 09:08:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hello from D.D Art. Taiwan !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from D.D Art. Taiwan !  (Read 94 times)
D.D Art

« on: May 24, 2021, 10:31:53 pm »

Hi Everyone.

I am David from Taiwan. Firstly, I have to thank George for sharing me this amazing website.

I am recently cooperating with a well-known snuff bottle artist, Xu Liwei who is an outstanding disciple under Wang Xisan.

In the past, we have found that most of the related knowledge on snuff bottle has met some errors and lack of information due to the language barrier. This has been severely hindered the western people to know more about this art form. Given that, we decided to build a website, D.D Art that will share the professional knowledge of snuff bottle, to clear out the questions about snuff bottle.

We hope that it could help promoting this art form, letting people aware of this small work. In the future we might also have oversea exhibition in the United State or others countries if possible. Looking for everyone's opinion.

Our website: www.ddartwork.com

We will be happy to answer your any questions about snuff bottle on this site, Chinese Snuff bottle Discussion Forum. Your question is valuable to us, which will select to be our new topic in D.D Art.

The website is not 100% completed yet. But soon to be ready!

Best Regards,

David
Report Spam   Logged

D.D Art is founded by Xu Liwei, the first Taiwanese snuff bottle artist under the direct teaching of Wang Xisan. This site shares the professional knowledge about Inside painting and Enameled glass. We also sell our high quality snuff bottle, which mostly obtained from the authors. Welcome to explore in D.D Art...

We welcome for every questions. Your questions are important to us. We usually select some questions to be the new topic in the weekly journals. Happy to help!

www.ddartwork.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 01:25:50 am »

Welcome David !
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

My Snuff Bottle Journal
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 05:23:47 am »

Hello David,

Welcome from me too.

Regards,
Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Hooked since 1971

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 10:43:57 am »

David,

The website and your groups idea looks promising.  Those of us that enjoy researching bottles in our collection are always looking for sources of good information and help.  As a collector of interior painted (IP) bottles (about half my collection) I enjoy trying to keep up with what is being produced and endeavor to become familiar the various artists. 

Look forward to the completion of your site, and to add it as a potential source of information and future bottle purchases.

Charll   
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 04:15:44 pm »

A warm welcome from me as well, David.
Though I think that you are overstating the case about lack of accurate information on inside painted snuff bottles.
I'm collecting since 1970, and published catalogues in 1994 and in 1998 comparing subject matter and painting styles on IPSBs to that in
Chinese painting in general.
Please check out 'The World In A Bottle', from 1998, HAA [Honolulu Academy of Arts]; and "Worlds in a Bottle", from 1998 [Tel Aviv Museum of Arts]
Best,
Joey Silver
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

D.D Art

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 02:42:36 am »

Dear George,

Thank for your kind help !

Again, if I could help with anything about snuff bottle, please contact me directly !

Thanks 
Report Spam   Logged

D.D Art is founded by Xu Liwei, the first Taiwanese snuff bottle artist under the direct teaching of Wang Xisan. This site shares the professional knowledge about Inside painting and Enameled glass. We also sell our high quality snuff bottle, which mostly obtained from the authors. Welcome to explore in D.D Art...

We welcome for every questions. Your questions are important to us. We usually select some questions to be the new topic in the weekly journals. Happy to help!

www.ddartwork.com
D.D Art

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 02:44:57 am »

Hello David,

Welcome from me too.

Regards,
Tom

Dear Wattana,

Thanks for your reply!

Looking forward to having the future discussion on Snuff bottle with you !
Report Spam   Logged

www.ddartwork.com
D.D Art

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 02:52:03 am »

David,

The website and your groups idea looks promising.  Those of us that enjoy researching bottles in our collection are always looking for sources of good information and help.  As a collector of interior painted (IP) bottles (about half my collection) I enjoy trying to keep up with what is being produced and endeavor to become familiar the various artists. 

Look forward to the completion of your site, and to add it as a potential source of information and future bottle purchases.

Charll   

Dear Charll,

Thanks for your reply !

We are planing to write an article weekly, publishing on our website, D.D Art. If you want, you could log in as member so that you could receive the latest released article !

Thanks for your suggestion! Perfectly received! We will write articles about the famous inside painted snuff bottle artists, from Old times to the modern times. So people could be more aware of the inside painted snuff bottle.

Our site is soon to be ready. Looking forward to having you as our reader !

Best Regards,

David
Report Spam   Logged

www.ddartwork.com
D.D Art

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 02:56:37 am »

A warm welcome from me as well, David.
Though I think that you are overstating the case about lack of accurate information on inside painted snuff bottles.
I'm collecting since 1970, and published catalogues in 1994 and in 1998 comparing subject matter and painting styles on IPSBs to that in
Chinese painting in general.
Please check out 'The World In A Bottle', from 1998, HAA [Honolulu Academy of Arts]; and "Worlds in a Bottle", from 1998 [Tel Aviv Museum of Arts]
Best,
Joey Silver

Dear Joey,

Thanks for your information ! I would be appreciated by this.

The below is my humble opinion on the reason why I said that:

In the early time, the information of Chinese and Western was relatively asymmetrical. Some of the paper materials were written or translated in English, some were completely only in Chinese. I think this had caused some gaps in information loss or translation problems. From our observation, there is a huge difference between the awareness of the Asian market and Western snuff bottle markets. Moreover, most of the publications are hard copy, a physical book. Few information can be found on the internet nowadays. Therefore, we want to use our collective knowledge supervised by my co-founder Xu Liwei on snuff bottle to share on the internet. By doing this, we could not only let the global snuff bottle hobbyist learn more about this art form but also even promote this art form to more people. Thatís why I said this. Please donít mind.

In addition, I canít find the two catalogs you mentioned on the Internet. If possible, would you please send me the online link, let me record it in my personal database first. I would be more than happy to read it !

All in all, I believe in with everyone's effort. We are able to make snuff bottles more access to people.

Best Regards,

David ( Po Han Chen )
Report Spam   Logged

www.ddartwork.com
Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 02:53:24 pm »

Dear David / Po Han Chen,

No the catalogues are not on the internet. They are printed books.
I will see how to send you the information.
And I welcome anything which expands knowledge of snuff bottles.
Best,
Joey / Si Zhouyi
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

D.D Art

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 09:49:53 am »

Dear David / Po Han Chen,

No the catalogues are not on the internet. They are printed books.
I will see how to send you the information.
And I welcome anything which expands knowledge of snuff bottles.
Best,
Joey / Si Zhouyi

Dear Joey,

Thanks for your help !

if possible, please send to my email address: ddartwork@outlook.com

Looking forward to receiving your email !

Regards,

David
Report Spam   Logged

www.ddartwork.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: