Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

"The Peter Bentley Snuff Bottle Collection"
and "introduction by Bill Patrick"

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
January 27, 2022, 08:20:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Tenth Anniversary of Our Forum!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tenth Anniversary of Our Forum!  (Read 209 times)
Wattana
Private Boards

« on: April 01, 2021, 02:47:32 am »

This wonderful Forum was started by our Administrator George in January 2011.

We unfortunately missed the actual date....but by popular demand we have decided to make APRIL 1st the Official Anniversary.

So today we are celebrating the Forum's Official TENTH ANNIVERSARY !!!

Some of us have been members most of the last ten years, and others only a short time.
But in all cases I think it's true to say that this Forum has brought us into contact with other like-minded collectors and new friends worldwide, whom we would never have met without it.

So, a BIG THANK YOU to George for creating this Discussion Forum !  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

* 10th anni_preview.png (92.85 KB, 300x257 - viewed 11 times.)

* 10th anniv.png (68.78 KB, 320x252 - viewed 12 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Hooked since 1971

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:29:42 am »

A big thank you to all especially George.
Happy 10th Anniversary!!!

* ChiLongPengShou.jpg (96.03 KB, 597x753 - viewed 13 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 05:05:59 am »

Tom first noticed the ten years, and brought it to my attention.  So I am sure it was he who brought this milestone to the attention of other members who have surprised me with donations to the forum this morning in celebration of ten years.  Thank you Tom and all very much Smiley

It can not be said enough times that it is the members who have participated on the forum that has brought it to a successful ten years.  Thank you for your friendships and the knowledge you have shared with me and others here this past ten years !

April 1st sounds like a great official anniversary day !

BIG THANK YOU !

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 06:13:07 am by George » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

My Snuff Bottle Journal
joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 06:59:10 am »

Happy 10th Anniversary to the Chinese Snuff Bottle Forum!  Much Much Thanks to George.  I am so appreciative of you and am thankful for the many friends I have met on the Forum.

Always the best!!!

Jo
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 08:52:19 am »

Happy 10th Anniversary everyone!

Thank you George for creating this wonderful forum that has connected many of us snuff bottle lovers together and nourished our interest and knowledge in the area. More importantly, it has led to our invaluable friendship with one another!

Thanks everyone for your friendship! How great it is to see the synergy in every sharing, every discussion and every humorous joke on the forum!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 09:06:31 am »

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!!
And thank you so much dear George; if it were not for this Forum, now I knew virtually nothing about snuff bottles.
Kind regards to everyone!
Giovanni

Report Spam   Logged

snuffmke
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 09:48:09 am »

Thank you George for building and maintaining this vibrant collector community!

Brian
Report Spam   Logged

Brian Ė A third generation collector with champagne tastes and a beer budget.

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 10:32:17 am »

Happy 10th Anniversary to the FORUM!!

Thank you George for setting up a wonderful community for all of us , in where we can share and learn from each other.

I am kind of looking a real celebration in the future, which we could see each other face to face , and handle the bottles we have seen on the FORUM.Smiley Of course , we could say Thank you George in person .Smiley

Cheers!

Steven

Report Spam   Logged

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 11:00:26 am »

George,

With much appreciation and a big THANK YOU George for creating the Forum.  I joined on June 28, 2011, so my tenure in participation is almost 10-years as well (could not resist the use of the pun  Grin).  I did not realize that I joined in the same year the Forum was created until Tom L. brought it to our attention.  Being a member has allowed me to meet many wonderful people, via online and some later in person, that share my interest in this collecting field.  As Joey would say, participation has energized my enthusiasm, and for me beyond that it has provided a continuous opportunity for the expansion of my knowledge.  I look back on some of my earlier posts and Iím amazed as to how far I come along in my collective knowledge.  This is a function of all those who have been willing to post their bottles, ask questions, and share their experience.  Iíll end as a started with a big THANK YOU to you George and to all those that continuously participate.

Charll   
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Pat - 查尚杰
Private Boards

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 10:17:46 pm »

Hi George

Thanks for the past 10 years of dedication to this wonderful platform and community . I canít recall if I was number 2 or whether it was Peter (RIP), but this place has come a long way, and hopefully will live on for a long time forward! 

It has been a great venue for all of us, and unfortunately due to my professional choices and the limitations they created, I donít have the time I used to to spend time interacting here. However, that doesnít mean this place doesnít carry a special place in my heart and mind. I do miss interacting with all of you, but one has to accept the consequences of the paths they choose.  I lurk here as I find time, and surely will be back when I fall upon better fortune, business-wise!

Take care all !  And George : keep up the good work!!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

George
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 11:29:38 pm »

Thank you all so very much for the numerous donations today !

Really amazing and generous of you guys.

Thank you Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

My Snuff Bottle Journal
wgeoff
Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 02:52:49 am »

Hi George

Happy 10th Anniversary for the Forum and a big big Thank You for adding so much value to our lives.
May it continue for many more Anniversaries.

Geoff
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: