Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

"The Peter Bentley Snuff Bottle Collection"
and "introduction by Bill Patrick"

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
January 27, 2022, 08:12:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Updates

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corona Virus (COVID-19) Updates  (Read 2428 times)
ileney

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2020, 05:03:48 pm »

Wow! I saw this too late to comment (and embarass myself.)  I work with stone, yet never could have done as good a job of identifying these. That was so impressive.
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2020, 03:21:04 am »

Here is my 'work from home' desktop selection for this week.
No guesses as to what they are made of - all are chalcedony (agate), with cameo carving of darker inclusions.

Tom

* RIMG1349.JPG (760.1 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 42 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Hooked since 1971

Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2020, 04:13:14 am »

Dear Tom,

All beauties, but why didn't you set them up so the ones in front didn't block the view of the bottles in back?
With plain material, not seeing a bit is not the end of the world.

But with a carved design, I want to see the post to which the horse is tethered, for example.

Dr. Paula Hallett, of Concord, MA  had a wonderful red overlay snuff bottle with a horse tethered, front and reverse.
But each horse was tethered to the Taotie's ring to it's left !
A wonderfully quirky, artistic touch.

Best,
joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2020, 04:28:03 am »

Dear Joey,

My apologies! I had not set them up to be photographed, but for ease of picking up as I worked!  Grin
Of course, you are right. I will re-photograph the bottles for "viewing", not just for "handling".

Now that you describe the Paula Hallet bottle, I do recall seeing one with a horse tethered to the taotie ring.
I didn't know there was a similar horse on the reverse. A wonderful touch!

Best,
Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Hooked since 1971

Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2020, 03:51:18 am »

Dear All,

Health!

Well. I just {Thurs.16.July} had 2 COVID-19 tests, the swab in mouth and nose, which documents my present health status - Negative, Thank G-D. I did the test at 6:00pm and received the results at 10:00am today {Fri.17.July}. The second test, involving a blood sample, will tell if I ever had it, by showing antibodies in the bloodstream. I will have those results by Sun. at some time before 6:00pm.

I was tested because Pini's ex-wife has Coronavirus, from not taking proper precautions. Like 1872 other, equally stupid Israelis who found out they were sick on Thurs.
We found out from their son's 'Gan' [kindergarten] yesterday at 4:00pm, when she came to pick him up. The Gan [and every other Gan, school, Kanion {Mall}, etc., in Israel],
has a scanner that registers if someone has a fever, etc., and immediately takes a photo and sends a notice to the Health Ministry Corona HQ, the Israel Police, and the other parent. It has a 20-30 second chance to cancel the notifications, but it is an immediate custodial sentence if a person cancels it when it is valid.
We are taking this very seriously. Most of us, at least.

Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2020, 03:52:39 am »

Dear Tom,

Of course. I was joking. No need to apologise.
Best,
joey
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2020, 12:40:11 pm »

Dear Joey,

Thanks for the updates! Glad to know the result- Negative:))

Stay healthy and be well to all of my friend on the Forum!!

Shabbat Shalom,

Steven

Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2020, 11:30:37 pm »

Hi Steven !!
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

My Snuff Bottle Journal
Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2020, 04:07:10 am »

Thank you, Steven.
Meanwhile, my little godson is locked in with his mom for the next ten days.
We won't be able to see him 'live' till the 27th of July.
His father will skype with him a few times each day, record and send to me, so I can see him, even if at a remove.
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Tom B.
Private Boards

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2020, 10:43:17 pm »

Dear Joey,

Good to hear that you tested negative and only wish our testing here would have such a short turnaround time of 1 day!  Tests in Florida are averaging 10 to 14 days, so we have a lot dummies running around as super spreaders while awaiting their results.

Best regards,

Tom B.
Report Spam   Logged

Best regards,

Tom B.

Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2020, 04:13:02 am »

Dear Tom B.,

We are only testing 30,000-35,000 /day, and the country has over 9.5 million people.
There is a new system invented in Israel, which can test 150 people each time, so we could test  1/2 the population in one day,
and then it would tell us which group of 150 has one or more sick people. And then we just retest the groups with sick people.
But it is not yet proven as a technique.

Meanwhile, the mother lasted 4 days [Thurs. aft. to Mon.] before demanding Pini take their son off her hands.
Eitanuli is a really sweet little kid, and just needs a lot of cuddling and hugs.  She's not into that.
On Tues., his father picked him up and returned him to Jerusalem.
On Wed., we tried to do Social Distancing, but Eitanuli wanted a hug, so when his father went on the balcony, we hugged.
I could see he was really freaked out that he was being distanced.

I'm healthy, though I am 63 and technically have Diabetes [I keep my blood sugar down to high pre-Diabetic levels, through diet, and SOLGAR Cinnamon Capsules].
And little children supposedly do not easily pick up or pass on, the virus.
So I took off the face shield, and left on the mask and latex gloves, and got a great hug from Eitanuli.
He didn't let me go for 10 min.  I promised him that by Shabbat [Saturday, today], we'd stop all the crap, and go back to regular behavior.
Best to all,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: