Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

General information about the Site

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Geoff shared this beautiful rutilated quartz crystal children playing bottle painted by Li Xiaojing 李晓静

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
January 26, 2020, 03:55:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Dragon Bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Bottle  (Read 80 times)
Luke

« on: December 03, 2019, 06:15:06 am »

Dear Members,

Here is my final bottle I'll be posting for a while - I don't want to bore you all! But perhaps I've saved the best for last? Some of you may recognise this one as I posted it on the FB group, but removed it after a day as I was getting messages asking to buy etc... whether it is WBR I don't know, but after a lot of research (I also have a copy of Elegance in Relief) I believe it could be... there is an interesting discussion in one of the ICSBS journals on his marks, but unfortunately I don't have it, but would be most grateful if anyone could share a few screenshots of the relevant pages. Of course, I'm very interested in any opinions on authenticity from the forum...

The bottle is a subtle light creamy yellow colour and is lightly glazed... apologies for the dodgy photos, but hopefully they show most of the detail.

Lastly, this bottle is similar imo, not the shape of the bottle, but the dragon and if you look at the dragons hair/mane there is a also a small flaw/crack in one of the strands coming from it's head, which looks like it occurred during the construction/firing process... similar to this bottle:

http://www.e-yaji.com/2014_images/zoom/35.1.195.html

Best,
Luke
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 05:08:34 am by Luke » Report Spam   Logged

Luke

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:50:45 pm »

Dear Luke,

This looks right to me. Letís see what other members have to say. Gorgeous bottle anyway! So congratulations! Iím still in search of a nice WBR carved porcelain bottle, dragon is my favorite subject, but I also like crane...

Hereís a little source of reference for you, itís a very similar bottle to yours: https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/a-molded-and-carved-biscuit-snuff-bottle-6156791-details.aspx

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 11:18:32 pm »

Dear Luke,

I agree with Samson.
Congratulations.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Luke

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:43:00 am »

Dear Samson,

Thanks! And thank you for you comment. After researching I think itís probably right too.  BTW, interesting link and beautiful bottle. That bottle you posted is very similar, but of course itís biscuit porcelain rather than glazed like this bottle. Iíve read the biscuit examples are much rarer.

Good luck in your hunt for either a dragon or crane WBR bottle! Hopefully, when successful you will share on the forum as Iíd love to have a look. I did see an unmarked bottle come up on Bonhams a few weeks back:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25588/lot/245/

Dear Joey,

Thanks! And good to know that you agree with Samsonís assessment.

Best,
Luke
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:50:58 am by Luke » Report Spam   Logged

Luke

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: