Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
December 04, 2022, 03:35:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

teal glaze bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: teal glaze bottle  (Read 877 times)
Rube
Private Boards

« on: May 03, 2019, 06:57:28 am »

Happy Friday!

I'm sharing a teal glazed bottle that I bought a while back.  It measures 57mm w/o stopper. 
Speaking of stoppers, I'm curious to know whether or not people have a preference to the white mother of pearl, which came with it,
or the lapis cabochon I put on it to try?

Also, can anyone help with the dating?

Have a great weekend,

Rube.

* teal ceramic 1.jpg (81.68 KB, 480x640 - viewed 64 times.)

* teal ceramic 2.jpg (92.67 KB, 480x640 - viewed 60 times.)

* teal ceramic 3.jpg (80.62 KB, 480x640 - viewed 65 times.)

* teal ceramic 4.jpg (73.42 KB, 480x640 - viewed 45 times.)

* teal ceramic 5.jpg (78.32 KB, 480x640 - viewed 51 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Rube, 4th Generation Collector

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 04:17:39 pm »

Wonderful bottle Rube ..

Not sure which I like better, maybe lapis..

I think your bottle is Ge ware
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
forestman
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 01:01:08 am »

Hi Rube,

Love the colour of the glaze.

I prefer the original stopper but both look too flat to me and I might consider a collar under the stopper if it were mine but that's me and it's yours  Grin

Regards, Adrian.
Report Spam   Logged

Jungle Jas

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 01:48:10 am »

Hi Rube,

Crikey Rube, you must have some funny coloured Teal  in the USA! I think I prefer the original stopper, personally I like the contrast on such a plain bottle.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 04:30:39 am »

Sh*t, Adrian!
Were you 'channeling' me? That was EXACTLY what I'd intended to write.
That's almost creepy. Though I'd not have added the disclaimer.  Roll Eyes

Dear Jason,
It's the colour teal blue; not an actual teal!  Grin
Which reminds me of one of my late mom's jokes.
What's the difference between Erotic and Perverted?
It's erotic to use a chicken feather during foreplay.
It's perverted to use the whole chicken... Roll Eyes Shocked  Grin

Shabbat Shalom,
Joey

Hi Rube,

Love the colour of the glaze.

I prefer the original stopper but both look too flat to me and I might consider a collar under the stopper if it were mine but that's me and it's yours  Grin

Regards, Adrian.
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 06:55:41 am »

George,
Thanks for your opinion on the stopper and heads up about Ge Ware.  I didn't think it was old, other than noticeable wear, but I was drawn to the color and crackle.

Jas,

We call them blue winged teal here!  Anyhow,  thanks for your input about the stopper.
How's your recovery?

Adrian and Joey,

That's a good suggestion about the collar.  My cousin brought me some cabochons from a mineral show in Tucson, Arizona.  Unfortunately, many of them are flat, but a collar could be nice.  Joey,  your mother must have been a funny lady!

Cheers,

Rube.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 07:11:04 am by Rube » Report Spam   Logged

Rube, 4th Generation Collector

Jungle Jas

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 02:58:53 pm »

Hi Rube,

Thanks for enquiring after my health, recovering well and able to get back to work in a couple of weeks. I was surprised re your Teal bottle the Teal in the UK are much lighter in colour.

Joey, Wink

I would like to have met your mother, I think she and I would have got along very well. Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 08:22:12 am »

Guys,

My mom of blessed memory had a wicked sense of humour. She and her best friend since childhood, Mrs. Jean Goldstein.

Aunty Jean, when she lived with her family in a  Toronto house with a small front lawn bisected by a path, would get up at 03:00am, on a snowy Jan. morning, and plunk 50 silk & plastic daffoldils along the path, and put a flowering Magnolia tree, also plastic with silk leaves and flowers on the front lawn.
She would go back to sleep and then get up at 07:00-09:00, to watch peoples' reactions!

Inspired by that, I once pulled a funny stunt.
While strolling with a cousin, my late parents, Mr. & Mrs. Goldstein, and a late uncle and aunt in Chinatown, after we'd shared a Chinese meal, we came upon a Chinese shop selling 100 plastic pink flamingos, which are a big seller in the Italian part of Toronto.

The man wanted to get rid of them, and was selling them at CAD$0.50 each. I asked how much if I bought the lot; he replied CAD$30.
My mom & Aunty Jean asked what I wanted with 100  plastic pink flamingos.
I bought them, and got a receipt saying I'd bought the 100.
I then told them that Myron [my cousin] and I were going to wait till the people had gone to sleep in the Italian area [by 01:30am the place is totally empty] and wherever we found a plastic pink flamingo or 2, we were going to add another 2 or 3!

They thought it was hilarious, we went out for cake and coffee, and at 01:30am, went around the area of Dufferin between Lawrence and Bloor, plunking down plastic pink flamingos in every yard where we'd found some already in situ.

It was going great, till a young RCMP officer of Italian Canadian origin, drove up, and thought we were stealing them! I showed him the receipt, he counted that I had less than 30 left out of 100 in the trunk [boot], and couldn't stop laughing! He helped us plant the last 27 or so, and promised to let me know what the local Italian-language papers said about it.
He brought over the papers, and translated them for me; and we ended up dating for a month [till I returned to Israel].

My mom and Aunty Jean thought it was even better than the Daffodils and Flowering Magnolia stunt... Roll Eyes Grin

Best to all,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: