Click On Globe To View Forum Visitors From Around The World

About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

"The Peter Bentley Snuff Bottle Collection"
and "introduction by Bill Patrick"

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
January 27, 2022, 09:13:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Small inspection lamp.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small inspection lamp.  (Read 867 times)
Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 05:10:04 pm »

Jason,

Google "fairy lights".  They look pretty small, too.

Cheers,

Rube.
Report Spam   Logged

Rube, 4th Generation Collector

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 11:20:39 am »

Dear Jason,
until let say 50 years ago, the trattoria here in Italy was a sort of Bar, more exactly the place where people sit, drink wine, play cards, discuss. In most of them you could also have a dish. Not really a restaurant, but a sort of popular restaurant.
But then  times changes, the Bars and Restaurants pop up everywhere. The trattoria then specialized, now many are just like restaurants, but the cuisine is more of the regional or typical one. You eat more genuine typical foods and more cheaper in trattoria than in restaurants, where the cuisine is more of international type.
But if you are making tourism here be careful, do not relay just on the name, because there are restaurants of very high level that still use the name trattoria.
Kind regards
Giovanni
PS: if you have a bit of dexterity or have a friend that can do it, the mini LED is no doubt the best way, because it is for sure smaller than the commercial devices and two thin wires are not obstructing the vision like the tube of the devices.
Report Spam   Logged

Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 03:34:44 pm »

The Trattoria where Giovanni and Betty have taken me to numerous times [I always say, "why drive more than 4 min., when such wonderful food is so close?"], always has 5 or 6 types of homemade pasta, and they order 2 or 3, as a pasta course. We also have roast duck or goose [both amazing! But anyone who's ever taken me out for a meal, or been taken out by me for a meal, knows I LOVE roast duck or roast goose!].
A wonderful place to eat.
Thank you again, Giovanni [my mouth was literally watering, thinking about the wonderful pastas and poultry!],
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Jungle Jas

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 02:10:56 am »

Thankyou all for your input my education is now almost complete!!!!!! Huh Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Joey
Private Boards

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 03:03:04 am »

Nope, Jason.
You THINK your education is now almost complete.
I'm studying snuff bottles over 49 years [Since mid-Feb. 1970], and I'M still a student.
   Almost every day, thanks to stuff I learn from others on the Forum, I learn
how many holes there are in my knowledge.
   But that's why it is so fruitful to share knowledge on a site like the Forum.
Best to all,

Shabbat Shalom,
Joey

Thankyou all for your input my education is now almost complete!!!!!! Huh Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2019, 06:45:22 am »

Jason,

I finally shelled out $4.99 for some fairy lights and these are the results from two bottles (one shows great crizzling in an amber glass bottle, and the other shows the 3.5mm opening of a jade pebble).
Cheers,

Rube.

* fairy lights 1.jpg (81.26 KB, 480x640 - viewed 27 times.)

* fairy lights 2.jpg (54.2 KB, 480x640 - viewed 23 times.)

* fairy lights 3.jpg (72.7 KB, 480x640 - viewed 23 times.)

* fairly lights 4.jpg (73.2 KB, 480x640 - viewed 24 times.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:05:20 am by Rube » Report Spam   Logged

Jungle Jas

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 08:58:19 am »

Hi,thank you both for your reply's,

Joey,  you are of course 100% correct at my age you realise you know very little of what goes on around you, you just find out enough of what you are interested in to get by and find out a little more the older you get.

Snuff bottles are a prime example, I have been studying/ collecting for over thirty years and I know very little. Although I do pick up some useful information on this site. I now no I shan't live long enough to finish my education  but am wise enough not to let it bother me. I just buy what I like  and enjoy. Grin

Rube, looks like fairy lights  are ok for some bottles but don't have enough power for thicker/opaque bottles! Just a thought, have you tried carefully bending the wires on the lights so you could get 3 or 4 lights in a closely  spaced line into a bottle to see if the extra light in the bottle would be beneficial. Wink

Regards to you both Jason.
Report Spam   Logged
Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 09:12:50 am »

Jason,

I have and it does work.

Cheers,

Rube.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:17:39 am by Rube » Report Spam   Logged

Jungle Jas