About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 10:31:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Snuff Bottle Journal

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snuff Bottle Journal  (Read 819 times)
Wattana
Private Boards

« on: July 10, 2012, 04:29:50 am »

Hi,

Received an email from Snuff Bottle Journal, with downloadable images, where Steven and Pat discuss two interesting bottles.

Just wondering how we can inter-act, as it's from a 'no-reply' address.

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:48 am »

Well.. This is interesting...
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:52 am »

Snuff Bottle  " Journal"  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:13:28 pm »

Ditto Peter's  Huh. Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »

This is pretty weird... seems like our public discussions being used in another way
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »

All,

I suspect it was just an email bounce when Tom started the thread.  I have been now getting a email reply from the 1st responder to any new thread I create.  At least that would be my assumption. 

Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 10:08:01 pm »

I bet your right Charll..

Maybe Tom can verify for us..
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 03:16:28 am »

I hope you guys can deal with it - I didn't understand anything Charll wrote (except for 'all'  Wink)
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 05:10:10 am »

Ditto Joey,
My steam-powered brain didn't follow any of that!
All I know is that I 'subscribed' to George's journal website, and a day or so later this thread extract from the discussion forum cropped up in my mail box.

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:38:22 am »

Oh, ok !

Your getting a email notification from my blog at http://snuffbottlejournal.blogspot.com/ . That is just my little online blog telling about my own bottles..

Now I get it..

Thanks for following it !

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 11:07:01 am »

OK Guys,

Here is what's happening.  On the Forum when I start a new topic thread there is something in how the Forum is currently formatted that generates an email back to me notifying that I received a post from another person on the topic.  I can respond (i.e., go directly to the Forum) from the email, which accesses the thread or related threads directly.  It is a notification mechanism that some forums have.   This event is not consistently happening on the Forum, but is a constant event on Gotheborg site that is built into the Gotheborg Boards as a means of being notified that someone has responded to your post.  This mechanism, I believe is also built into the new ICSBS member site as currently set up in society's webpage (i.e., this site is for ICSBS members only and requires requires a user name and password registration).  For when I posted on the ICSBS site I received an email documenting my post.  By-the-way on the ICSBS site, apparently I am the only user at present, and I am still trying to figure out how the ICSBS works.  So far, out of the three forum sites used, George’s forum here is the most user friendly.  So, I hope this adds some clarity to my post.  I often forget that I know what I doing, but nobody else does!

Charll

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:38:30 pm by rpfstoneman » Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:48 pm »

Dear Charll,
    I'm just a Luddite at heart. Take no notice (I just barely understood your second message.).
 Best to all, Joey
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

OK Guys,

Here is what's happening.  On the Forum when I start a new topic thread there is something in how the Forum is currently formatted that generates an email back to me notifying that I received a post from another person on the topic.  I can respond (i.e., go directly to the Forum) from the email, which accesses the thread or related threads directly.  It is a notification mechanism that some forums have.   This event is not consistently happening on the Forum, but is a constant event on Gotheborg site that is built into the Gotheborg Boards as a means of being notified that some has responded to your post.  

Because the notification feature is not auto set when new memberships are approved, I go into each new members profile and do adjust each so that new notifications are recieved via email.. 

Although, like you mentioned Charll, I too am not being notified all the time... Most of the time, but not always..

I can not think of anyplace or for any reason why there would be a discussion between Steven and Pat on my blog Journal ..
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 01:47:57 pm »

Well Joey,

Even though you maybe drug into the technology with reluctance, I hope you are not a machine destroyer.  (by-the-way, "Luddite", I had to look it up!!!! Cheesy)

Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 05:15:20 pm »

Charll,
   I'm a 'spiritual Luddite': ie., I feel threatened by a lot of technology, but don't destroy it, I just 'kvetch' about it. I'm a Jewish Luddite!  Wink
  I get along just fine with the Forum, and my kindle, and usually, with my iMAC.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: