About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 12:34:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A Beautiful Jade Bottle

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Beautiful Jade Bottle  (Read 1546 times)
guest551
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:29:57 am »

Hello all,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I need to ask a question.

I do not have the luxury of owning a jade snuff, whether new or old. Now I know jade is very hard, but surely even jade should have some wear marks on it if it is 18th or 19th century.

I understand this particular snuff was not purchased by a member, so any lack of wear on it cannot be seen. However, can any member please post some really good photos of an 18th or 19th jade snuff that they own, so we can see the wear that one should expect from a piece of jade that old.

Thank you in anticipation of your kind assistance.

Paul
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: