About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 10:45:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A few to share..

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few to share..  (Read 906 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: April 28, 2012, 08:08:36 pm »

Never know.. Maybe there is one you just can not live without !  Cheesy

Link to eBay listings..

Although the one Chou Loyuan crizzled bottle is listed, I am not going to let it complete the auction..

Need to be patient with this one and get it listed at a good auction house sometime..

I just can not help but believe there is some real significant value to it.. Not so sure the folks on eBay appreciate it being crizzled and what that means in regards to the potential age.

The painting is really secondary to the actual bottle...  As crazy as it may sound, and I doubt will do it, but it has crossed my mind to wipe it clean of the painting, and clean it up nicely so as to really dwell on the crizzle aspect of the bottle.. I know...... Crazy.. !

Although the money from these is going to a super ocassion/celebration, have to admit that the butterflies are fluttering overtime in my stomach !

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:14:24 pm by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:20 pm »

George,

Keep the faith, it will all work out!  Sometimes it is just a matter of timing on the ebay listings, or with some patients another idea will come to mind.

Charll 

Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:33 pm »

Thanks Charll..

It's not like everything is not working out.. All is well..

Just seem to be missing the mark on that one particular bottle.. 

You are absolutely correct about being a matter of timing sometimes..

Patients is going to be the key for that one.. 
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:04:47 am »

Patience,  George; patients will come, once they know why they should. ;-)
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:15:28 am »

Hi All

For the   first  time  EVER  I  am  thinking to    clean  up my collection  =  sell off the  bottles  I  really  don't  want to keep  ( although   superb) 

I  have now  about  300 bottles  :

100  x   are    BEST  OF THE  BEST (never sell)

100  x   are      great,  and  have  great  meaning / nostalgic

100  x  are   good   bottles   all   certified, but  not  within my  ( increasingly  narrow)   collecting field

How  to handle the  last  100  x  bottles  ? 

Surely  e-bay  is the  last  resort   (never  used  e-bay in my life    except once  to buy a   rare  out-of-print  book)

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:23:16 am »

Peter,
   I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see the bottles you are willing to part with.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:35:45 am »

Hi Peter,

As I observed that VMIPs don't do very well on ebay, I have been watching Bill's bottles listed on ebay, which fetched very low even some bottles are very well painted, I don't think there are many VMIP collector are watching ebay. The antique bottles are doing much better than WMIPs.

Why don't you talk to David  Osborne, and I bet there is a way to be worked it out between you guys, and maybe he can host a auction just for your bottles.

Just my 2 cents.

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »

Hi Steven

That's  also  my  thinking. 

I  started  an  ardent  correspondence   with  David  Osborne  as  soon as   I   discovered  his     website , and I have  bought   many bottles  via    David.  Some  superb  bargains. 

David   was  / is  a   true  pioneer   in the  VMIPB  field 

( I am  still   trying  to  help  David  sell   an  agate  Suo Jing bottle  valued  at  over  US$500  , but  which  photographs   very  badly  )

David, after  10  very  active  years,  seems  to  be  bowing  out  of the    VMIPB  field  and  selling  all  his  residual  "golden  collection" bottles  -  and  at  give-away    reserve  prices.   There  are  some    truly  REAL  bargains  to  be  had  via  David  .   GO for  his   website/  auction system  (  winner  only pays US$0.50   higher  than the  2nd  highest  bidder)

Maybe  - just  maybe -  David  will  one  day  entrust me  with his   complete  email  list  , in which  case  I  can set  up   a  kind  of  "closed-circle  e-bay"  to   sell bottles  between   trusted   collectors  whose   "word /name  is  provenance"   

Also maybe   we  can  set  up  a  section  in the   Forum  for  bottles  for  sale

Lots  to do in this  direction  ......

Cheers   Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 01:47:00 pm »

Hi Joey and  all

In  about  one  year   from now  when I am  finally  retired  I  will  photograph all my bottles and post them  on  Bill  Patrick's   amazing   website  www.snuffbottlecollector.com   with  a  mark  that   some  bottles    are  for  sale  ( if  Bill so agrees)

Actually,  of  the  100  x  bottles   which  I classify   as   "3rd   grade"   re my  collecting  theme  ( but   still  1st  grade  painting  skill    and  thus    collecting  quality)  ,    many still have  nostalgic  value    in my collecting  history

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »

That sounds very fair. Will wait with bated breath (well, not TOO bated, or I'll die of asphyxiation before 20 min.!
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 06:31:03 pm »

Never know.. Maybe there is one you just can not live without !  Cheesy

Link to eBay listings..

Hey guys..

Just want to say that for all of our forum members, I will consider offers on the few bottles that are listed so you do not have to go through the auction process. Maybe get a give deal for you guys Smiley 

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: