About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 07:17:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

attaching image

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: attaching image  (Read 1514 times)
magnus
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:22:49 am »

trying to attach an image to my post topic and have tried using 'insert image' button, also tried the additional options below which reads 'notify me of replies' 'return to this topic' 'dont use smileys'  but cannot see any 'browse' command to get image from my PC.
The insert image icon only gives    any ideas what I should do?

All help is appreciated as I am still finding my way around the site.

magnus
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »

Hi Magnus...

If your pictures are saved in your own photo hosting account ? Like Photobucket or FlickR ? Then here are the instructions for that..

If you would rather use the forums photo hosting option ?

That is now fixed.. Here are the instructions for that.

Let me know if you need more help  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:26:16 am »

Hi  George

Still   struggling to upload  an  image  jpg  from  My Pictures

Is there  any way to    just  copy  and  paste  into a  message  on this   forum?

I can      "copy"  but    I cannot  paste

Cheers

Peter  @  Hong Kong
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:00:03 am »

Have a look at this and if you need more help, just ask.. We will be sure to get you to know how..

Remember.. When using the forums hosting option, the image will not show up until you actually post your posting.

If you copy and paste an image from Photobucket or FlickR to the post using the img code, it will show up in the preview prior to posting.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:02:41 am by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:38:19 pm »

Hi George

I am about  to  try and  insert  an image in a new posting  ( as opposed to    appending  an image  which is  easy)

I  needed to  check the instructions,   and I  knew that  they were  somewhere. But it  took me   quite a   while to  find  where  they  were (  in the  Member's  Lounge)

Could  I suggest   you   create  a New  Section on the  Home page   just  for  " How to  mount and append  images   onto the Forum"    with  the  instruction threads  inside ?

I can imagine that   a   new Newbie    will  go through all the  problems  I   and others  first  had , and you   will have  to keep  repeating the  instructions  over and  over again

If  you  agree, to this  suggestion   you  can copy  the  string  below (  or  rather, relevant   extracts  therefrom) in this new  section

Also  needs   2   new  strings   in this new section :

1. " what is max  size / max  quantity  of  images  I can  append as attachment"  and

2.  "what is  max  size/  max  quantity of images I can  insert? "

I think  answer   to  1 is    400  kB  / 10

But I don't know the answer to   2

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 08:50:19 am »

There is a pinned thread within the forum category, "General Forum Information and Guides" called "How To Post Images To The Forum".

I think it has everything in there, but have added the amount of attachments per posting which is 15120 kb

Hopefully a newbie will read the General Forum Information and Guides.
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: