About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 07:38:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Who is Shi Qing 石 青 ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Shi Qing 石 青 ?  (Read 458 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: April 08, 2012, 01:26:16 am »

Hi All

WHO IS  SHI QING  石 青   ?

If  you  have the  Nanyang Group ( S'Pore)    collectors  book  (  and/ or  my data base)   you  will see that  Shi  Qing   was very popular with   Singapore   collectors in the   early - mid  2000's  ( 2000  -  2006/ 7) ,   which  presumably  meant he  was  heavily  promoted  by  Wang Guanyu   who   travelled  often to  S'pore  in the   1990's and    early 2000's .  Shi Qing's   bottles  are all    surrealistic  landscapes  (  rather  like  Liu  Yizi, but not  so   extreme), and  indeed  I   was sold one   such   Shi Qing bottle  by  Wang Guanyu  in 3.2009   the first time  I went to   Hengshui

However  David Osborne  unequivocally    equates   Shi Qing to  Zhang Hai Shen    张 海 深   ( CIPMA 234/ 5) ,    whose    entry  in CIPMA  :  a)  makes no reference to   any  such  pen-name as  " Shi Qing"   b)  does  not refer to   Wang Guanyu as  his mentor/ teacher   c) paints  conservative  portrait-style bottles

So............. Huh

Any  inputs   from you  all?

Cheers   Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:41:53 am »

Hi Peter,

That is the info I found"石青原名赵彦立(zhao yan li), was born He Bei in 1962, He started to learn inside paint from Wang guanyu at 1983....

http://www.chinabogu.com/kuansi/kuansi_list.asp?id=3442

It seems that Bill needs to add this info on his site:)

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:50:14 am »

Also I found this website you might interested in, you can always translate the english to chinese Grin
http://www.cnsnuffbottle.com/hbyrjj/
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:26:58 am »

Hi Steven

GREAT STUFF !  Many , MANY  thanks

This  REALLY  proves the  value of the   Forum   1000 x over

So it seems there  are really  2 x  " Shi Qing"   artists  , which is   what  I  suspected     all along

I cam  currently   re-cataloguing   all my bottles  with nicely- typed  script   ( +     5  cm scale measure ,  which  prints  out   exactly  1 : 1   scale  on A4 paper, as I   posted before , against  which  I can  place   the bottle and  take a    snap shot  for   cataloguing  purposes )

But  in so  doing, I am  re-  examining   every bottle   to check   who really  painted  it,   and    Shi Qing  is  one of  the  problems .  ( I  have another one  coming  up ...  Zhong Yuan....  ! )

So   "Shi Qing  II"   is  Zhao Hai Li , student of   WGY, which makes  perfect sense

I can  get the   translation    directly  from  Google  ( my google   translates  automatically  these  days , although  crudely)

I will  update the   data base  accordingly   after  waiting for  any  further  input  from you  guys

Thanks again

Cheers   Peter

Report Spam   Logged

snuffbottleace
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:29:46 pm »

Hello Peter, attached you will see a picture of Shi Qing which was taken on my visit in 2005. The large Panda ball weighs a ton and I sold quite a number and stupidly did not keep one for myself. All the balls were painted by Shi Qing

* DSCN0704.JPG (789.6 KB, 2288x1712 - viewed 21 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: