About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 09:18:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Peach River Studio / "Yue" School ( Swatow/Shantou) : GE LANG

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peach River Studio / "Yue" School ( Swatow/Shantou) : GE LANG  (Read 452 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: March 10, 2012, 06:53:30 am »

Hi  All

I recently   came  across a  reference to  Ge Lang of the   early   "Yue'  School  based  in  Shantou  ( = "Swatow"  in past times )  on the  South   coast of   Guangdong  Province

I  could   swear  that  I had  come  across  " Ge  Lang"  before,  but when  I checked  my data base  I drew a   total  blank

Huh

Does  anyone  have  any   info re  Ge Lang ?

if  so please  post  here  and/or   send  an  email to me  directly  if  you  haev  large   pic   attachments  ( too big  for the  Forum)

Cheers  Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:06:54 am »

Hi Peter,

Please find the Charll's Ge lang bottle here:

http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,6.60.html

and I will find more for you.

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:45:08 am »

Hi Guys,

I found a website which have some interesting info about the Yue school.

Which says, Yue school also called " Santou school, was suspended during the Culture revolution period, restarted from 1972, During that period, no real artist name signed . all the portrait schemes were signed “戈郎” ge lang, all the animal scheme were signed “铁夫” tie fu, all the landscape schemes were signed“虹生” Hong sheng, also sometime “桃江画苑” Tao jiang studio or Peach river studio..

I am not sure which is 100% correct. but it seems that "ge lang" is not a artist name, its a group of artists' pen name...

Steven

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_50586ab501008r9n.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:56:46 pm by Steven » Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:27 pm »

Hi Steven

MANY THANKS  !  PURE  99999    GOLD !

That's  exactly the same  info  I have  from  this  very early  1980's  list of  Yue  School   "artist" names 

- Ge  lang

- Tie Fu

- Hong Sheng  ?  /  Jiang Sheng ?? 

Fantastic input  !!!  GREAT  !

Again many thanks  !

Cheers   Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: