About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 01:49:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Appollo Bottles

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Appollo Bottles  (Read 1997 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:36 am »

Speaking of Bill...

Can't help but wonder why he has not been chiming in .. Been a long, long time..

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:30 am »

I think he's busy  with  a lot of  other  stuff

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 06:28:32 am »

Just picking up this thread, and see what happened with the Mu Peng order.  I have 5-6 of his bottles and really love his work, but do not have ANY of his pure calligraphy bottles.   
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 06:41:19 am »

Pat,
   I don't know what happened. I never got any bottles by Mu Peng. I'd still love a few...
Any nudges in the right direction that you can make, will be DEEPLY appreciated.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 06:49:52 am »

Joey

I recommend talking to Bill Patrick.  He is very close to Hou Yanbin, or at least used to be in the past... his email is bpatrick@snuffbottlecollector.com

If anyone can arrange an introduction to Mu Peng, it must be him... Bill has been very busy and inactive here for a few months, but I am sure he would try to help you.  I don't have the direct connection.

Hope this helps!

PS. I have a package to pick up at P.O.  must be yours. will keep you posted! Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Private Boards

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 07:09:05 am »

Pat,
   I started to strip it down to just the pages of the 'book', but then thought that, if you have a binder, they might need more paper for the binding part, so I left it alone. I had mine bound as a book. It is quite useful that way.
Enjoy! Joey

PS: Thanks, I'll contact Bill Patrick. Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 08:32:28 am »

I can  probably  help   re  Mu  Peng  is  Bill  is  off-line  for a  month  or  two
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:55 am »

Peter, I'd really appreciate it. Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 04:39:24 pm »

Hi   Joey

Email me   directly  samples  of the  bottles  you  would  like  Mu Peng to  re-paint

I can ask  Li  Shouxun to  arrange  this, and he   always  gets a  very  fair  price  for   such  commission   paintings

( Bill also  works  via  Li Shouxun , and   I would   swear that  LXS  takes nothing  personal off the top )

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »

Peter,
   I'll look at calligraphy and decide on the subjects, and get back to you.  I reread this thread and can't believe I didn't continue a few months ago. Is it still US$800 a bottle? Is that in lead crystal or glass? I just realised, we're on Shabbat time. I'll reconnect on this after Shabbat ends at 2300 on Saturday, Ireland time. Thank you all,
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 09:52:10 pm »

Hi  Joey

It  will   certainly  be  man-made lead  crystal  ( no-one  paints  in glass  these days  in Hengshui)

But as regards  price  I have  no idea.  Could  be    US$800  or  it  could  be  twice that .  There's  not much   really good  stuff  left  for sale  these  days   @  US$800  in  HS  and  I  normally  pay  in the  US$1,200  -1,500  range   for really good  bottles.  I   don't like to   drive   too  hard  bargains  these  days  in HS.

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 04:06:51 am »

Dear Peter,
    I'm happy to pay the going rate. It is just that the start of this thread is only a few months ago , if that (I only joined in late Jan.2012, just over 5 months ago!), and the price then was bandied about as US$800.
Shabbat Shalom, Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 05:39:51 am »

Hi Joey

OK  happy to  help  you

Send  me  an email  of the  "kind"  of   bottle  you would  like  and  I will ask  Li  Shouxun to get a   quote  from Mu Peng . I'm pretty   sure that  a  commission  will  be  cheaper  than  a    free-lance  bottle   via  other  channels  because the   artist  is   assured  of  payment so there  is no   risk  factor 

I can help  you  remit the  money  in the   fullness  of  time if  necessary  ( but  actually  I'm sure  there's  a  way  you  can remit  directly to  LXS   in US$)

Cheers   Peter

PS:  It's   just a  very  small   drop  in the  Ocean,  but  this   could  be  one     role the   Forum can   play  in the   future.   "  Big  oaks  from little  acorns   grow"

PPS  :  Bill  -  if  you  pick   up this  thread,  please   feel   free to  take  over.  You  know  LXS  much better  than  I do
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

Dear Peter,
     I'm interested in commissioning 2 bottles by Mu Peng of calligraphy. I want bottles that are maximum 75 mm in height, 40 mm wide, with calligraphy panels front and reverse. Sections of the  Lanting Xu, and any other famous calligraphy will do. If you access your messages, 27,28.Feb. on this thread, you'll see where we discussed price, but if it has gone up, and is now US$1200 or more, please let me know, but I'd still want a few examples of his work.
Thank you again, Joey
 PS: I pay Su Fengyi from my bank in Toronto to Shanghai; I assume the same is possible to Hengshui.
Best, Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 11:09:33 pm »

Peter,
   Is there anything happening on the 'Mu Peng front'?
Best, Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 04:34:22 am »

Hi Joey

Sorry,  no progress .  My  wife  has been  in hospital  and I'm  snowed  under  with  work

Can you please  send me   an email  with your  complete  requirements  (  size   / shape  etc,) including   pics  of    "similar"  bottles  from Bill's   website  or  my  database,,  and also   what  particular  Chinese  poem  you  would like  written ?

That  way  I  will  have   everything  together  in  one  document  which I can   send to Li Shouxun

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: