About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 04:23:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

VMIPB-Beautiful Figures

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VMIPB-Beautiful Figures  (Read 2148 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 08:53:01 am »

Hi  All

GREAT  ... this   kind of  detective   work on VMIPBs  gives  me  orgasms !   Undecided 

I think we  have  a  definite   closed loop  on  Du Qing Tao  =   Du  XIAO YU

All that's missing  is the   chinese  characters  for  XIAO  YU

The  facebook  pics  are  superb ! Thanks Steven . I  have downloaded them  all to  my data base , attributing  them to   DQT's facebook  page.   By comparison,   the  nude  bottle  IPBs  look to be  in a much lower  league

Charll  could  you please  email  me the   David  Osborne  pic -set and  - if possible  the   cover email     re the   Sept  7  2010     DQT  bottle?  If it's   signed  Du  Xiao  Yu  it  will  certainly have the  Chinese  characters  on the  authentication  card.

Cheers  Peter

PS  :  I think  all  of  you  out there on this loop   will  by now  have  got a  copy  of  my  data base. Some have  a  copy    made in late   2011, and some  a later update  in     early 2012.  Now I guess  you  are  uploading your  own stuff to the  data  files  because  that's  what I would   do.  I  designed the  DB so  that  anyone  who  has it  can  manipulate  it  as they  wish

But the  day  will come  when   we  should  all merge    what  new  stuff  we  have, which means  you  all  should  send  me  your updated  personal  versions  of the  DB on USB sticks, I merge the  whole  lot and then    re-distribute the  whole new  master  DB back to  you  on  USB sticks.    But there's a practical  catch !  ...  the work involved to    go through    500  - 600  data  files    from  about a  dozen  sources and  look for the  new material    will be impossibly  large .  So I either   just  merge  every   contributors  files  with  new  names  , which will  lead  to   an enormous  number  of   duplications   in the  master  DB (  i.e the  same  pic from the  same   root  source  eg CIPMA  but   included  in the  DB under a  dozen different   source names/ titles  )   OR  WE  DO SOMETHING MORE  CLEVER....   Wink   

SOMETHING  MORE  CLEVER    Grin     is that  every time  you   add something to    an artist's   file, you create a  parallel file   with  a  suffix   eg " X"  and COPY the  update to that  X- file.    Then  finally you  only send me  all the  X-files  on a  USB.  That means   that  if  eg  Charll  sends  me   35    different   artist  X-files  I know that  EVERY  PIC  IN EVERY   CHARLL   X- FILE  is  new  to the  DB.   So  I  just re-code  all  Charll's  X-files  as "new  pics  from  Charll  for  artist  XYZ ( date of  adding to  DB) " and  add to the  master  file  of  artist  XYZ .

If we   follow this  simple  rule  , then  there's :

a) no  duplication  of  original  pics  from the    DB

b)  everyone can see that  all the  new  pics  come  from Charll ( and Charll  can  quote the  sources   of  all his  new  pics  in the  pic  titles  or  sub-file  titles  eg  own collection/ face book  pages / auction/  whatever in his  X-files

Let's now   suppose   Steve  does  the same  for  artist  XYZ   and   some of  his  new  pics  in his X- files duplicate   some  of  Charll's  new  pics  in Charll's  new X-files.  OK  - so what ?    Chances  of  this  are  less than  1/100 and  such a minor  level of   duplication   can be  tolerated .   Each collector  has his  own  focus   artist, and  so far  I have  seen very little  overlap (biggest  overlap  is Bill and  me ) 

So  KISS  :  Keep It  Simple  Stupid  !

If anyone  has a better  idea  then please   tell me.  But  my objective is  a  major  update  for general  issue  to  everyone  on my DB  distribution list  MINIMUM   every 2  years ,   but  I welcome  intermediate  X-files  whenever  you  have some to  send  to me

Report Spam   Logged

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:27 am »

Another VMIPB on this theme, Artist Liu Jain Choa-

As translated by Steven: The inscription can be read "picking up the ears of wheat, painting it for Bo di ai by Liu jian chao in 2001 winter "

An identical IPB bottle by Liu Jain Choe can be found on the Bill's Snuff Bottle Collector site at: http://www.snuffbottlecollector.com/liu_jian_chao/ljc_15.htm

Enjoy, Charll
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:52:08 am by rpfstoneman » Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 08:12:57 am »

Liu    JIAI  CHOA  ?

Jiai   and  Choa   are not  pin yin    words

Do you  mean  Lui  Jian Chao ?

Cheers    Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 09:13:50 am »

Hi Peter,

I think Charll means Liu Jian chao, it was a typp.

-Charll,

This one is my taste:), really like it, better than those photo realistic painting  bottle IMHO...
I don't have any nude bottle, after seeing this one, I decide to hunt one for myself Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Steven

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:54 am »

Hi Peter,

Maybe you can help to translate the "Bi di ai" back to the original english name, which is always the hard part for me Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:12 am »

If  it's  Liu  Jian Chao,  this  is   one  artist  whose   name  in Characters  I  still  don't  know

For those  who read  Chinese  check  Liu  Jian  Chao  on Bill's  website and  see if  you  can  read  his  name  from any  of the pics  please

Re  nudes:  the  most tasteful  one  I know  of   is  by Ma  Bao Ku  (  Da Yu)   in CIPMA

The  original  is  at  his  home  ( at least  it was  in 2009  when  I visited  him )  - just a  1  -sided  bottle

I have  seen  this  picture  at  least  once  elsewhere  ( and I think in color)  -  forget   which  artist  also painted  the same  pic

It's   based  on  an  original ( I assume)  photo  of a  Japanese  movie   star

Cheers  Peter

* Ma Baoku @ CIPMA (4).jpg (215.37 KB, 1675x1964 - viewed 21 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Steven

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 10:52:03 am »

Hmm, that is interesting...

http://snuffbottlecollector.com/liu_jian_chao/ljc_1b.htm

The Liu jian chao(刘剑超) might not be the artist who paint the Charll's bottle Liu jian chao(刘建超),the names are different. but I am not certain sure, since the painting style is close( they are paint nudes and kind of oil paint style) , mystery need to be solved...
Report Spam   Logged

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 11:08:42 am »

Just when you think you have it right, someone comes along that can read Chinese, makes the comparison, and says, "ya may have it wrong".  Cheesy  Makes my head spin!  Grin  Steven, keep up the questioning, it makes all our research better.  Charll

P.S.- An yes my typo's have been corrected, I think? Tongue.  Doing this posting to late into the night!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:42:18 pm by rpfstoneman » Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:37 am »

Need to  keep   working  on the  correct  characters  for  Liu Jian Chao !
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: