About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 05:07:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

ICSBS Articles

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICSBS Articles  (Read 4150 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: January 22, 2012, 11:21:45 pm »

I have been asked by the ICSBS to remove articles that I have posted  ..

I am presently searching the main/public forum for any articles that I shared..

Quite a process to go through all the topics in search of them..

So if anyone knows of a topic that holds pictures or any other content from the pages of ICSBS journals, please point them out to me so I can remove them..

I am going to spend as much time as I can tonight and start again in the morning to search for any..

Any help would be great !

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:39:07 pm »

George,

As I indicated in my PM, I am really very sorry you have to go through this.   This sucks.   I will keep an eye out and point out anything that comes to mind.  By the way, there is an alternative, and use the generally accepted method of quotes and giving credits to the source/authors.  But that is entirely up to you, ofcourse, since you have committed to removing any that are here..

Best....

Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:12:30 am »

Hi George,

Sorry to hear that, but I don't recall we have lots of posts which have content from the pages of ICSBS journals.
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:59:05 am »

On second thought, there may have been some references to 'The Snuff Bottle Collector' and "The Snuff Bottle Review' (by Michael Kaynes) which are the predecessor of the ISCBS .  BUT, not sure that would even qualify, as those are extinct publications.  I referred to and traded some of these in the recent past, but I provided descriptions of contents, not even pictures or full quotes.  I am a bit at a loss here, as i am trying to help George, but can not come up with any ...

Big brother (or sister) definetely wacthing in this case... huhum.... sad world we live in... 
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:16:45 am »

I am not finding anything within the main/public forum..

I have a pretty good idea what is going on..  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 12:18:11 pm »

The Snuff Bottle Review and the Snuff Bottle Collector have NO CONNECTION to the ICSBS, and you've no obligation, legal or ethical, to the ICSBS to remove any articles from the two publications. Your only one would be to remove those articles taken from the Journal of the ICSBS. Best, Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: