About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 10:41:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Ultimate data base of MIPBs

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultimate data base of MIPBs  (Read 1303 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: December 30, 2011, 10:51:44 pm »

Hi    All

I am  posting this  message  on   several  boards  to make  sure  the  message  gets  across

Hi All

I am  posting this  same message  simultaneously   on several  boards  in the  Forum

The  forum was  started   early  2011    by  George,  to  whom  goes  full credit  for  everything   Cheesy

It  started  with a  bang  :  Pat, Richy,  Bill , me  ….    +  a  lot  of  lurkers

Then  it  seemed  to  stagnate  in  mid - 2011

Then   suddenly  in  Q4/2011    a    new  influx  :  Tom, Steven ,   Charll,  Misu,     and   a   few  others   ! 

FANTASTIC  !

My interest  is  solely  MIPBs  (  MODERN- era  INSIDE  PAINTED  BOTTLES )      and  as  such  I  am building the  biggest  MIPB  data  base  in the   world  which  I  distribute   free of  charge  to any  sincere  collector  on  USB  memory  stick . 

MIPB  =  anything  painted  post  1950  but  it  can also  stray  down  to   1910-20 –ish period,   which  was  the  end  of the  “official”  Middle –era 

Hopefully,  in the  fullness  of time,  Bill  Patrick   will upload  my entire   data  base  to  his  amazing website   www.snuffbottlecollector.com   so that  it  is  on-line and  openly  accessible   forever.

But,  like  a  book,  there's  a  difference  to  being  able  to  read  it  on-line   and  having the  real  thing,  and    my  data base  is  designed   so that  once it’s   stored  in  your     hard  disc  ,  you  can search  anything and  everything  in an instant   instead  of  going  on-line  and  waiting  for  long  MB- size  downloads  to   come  on-screen.

I  therefore  have  a   request to  you  all  as  we  enter  2012  and  Year  Two  of the  Forum

Please     categorize    all  the  MIPB   info  you have  :  pics  of  bottles, provenance  details,  emails,   whatever  ACCORDING TO    ARTIST .

It’s   as  simple  as that. 

Just  create a   MSN  file  in  your  laptop under  My Documents   for  every  MIPB artist  you  have  interest  in  and   then   file  everything  per  artist  in those  files.

Name  the   files  according  to the  artists’  names  (  it  does  not matter  how  you  spell  them)

Eventually  - and  if  you agree  -   I will ask  you all to  send  me  your  MIPB    files  on USB  memory  sticks  and  I will merge  all the   files  into  one  super  DB,  while   at the  same  time  acknowledging  the   source  of  every    file   of    pics and  data.

Then I will  send  back  your USB  sticks   with  the  complete   data  base   of  everyone  all  merged

But  I  warn  you  ….   You  will  need  a  32  BG    USB  stick  to  accommodate  the    full  DB  !     My  current  DB  is  8 GB  and  it  will  quickly   grow  to  20  GB    after  I  scan/ crop/ title  all the  MIPB   books  I  now  have

I  repeat  :  just  store  your  stuff  in files  by  artist  and  use  whatever  artist  name  spelling  you  like. I can  rationalize  all the  names  into  standard  pin yin and  Chinese  characters 

Best  wishes  to  you  all,  and  especial  thanks  to  George  for  2012

FORUM   YEAR   TWO !
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:07 pm »

Hi  George

Please pin this  message

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »

I already have it pinned within this board..

One time should do the trick..  Wink  It is also posted within several other boards as well
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:28:03 am »

Peter,
   I'm going to try and do as you ask. I'm not too good at this technology thing...
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:06 am »

Hi  Goeorge'

I  had   completely   forgotten  about  this   thread

Please   would   you   Re- post  in the   Pub ?

Cheers   Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: