About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 02:34:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

My First Get Together With A Fellow Snuff Bottle Collector !

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Get Together With A Fellow Snuff Bottle Collector !  (Read 4717 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: December 30, 2011, 10:04:35 pm »

Hi Tom  ( and  all )

GREAT  that  you  have  joined  the  ICSBS    maybe  will  even attend  the   2012   convention  in Portland

I  am  at heart  a  universalist    and  I  embrace  everyone   as long  they  don't  tell me  NOT  to  embrace  them

I am  rocking a  few  things  in the  ICSBS   in the  best   and  most positive   way  I  can ( kicked  off  by   joining the   WXS  Museum  opening  in May  2011   which  Berthe  and  Jo0hn  Ford,  and  the  Hardys    all  attended)

My  objective  is  to  bring the  ICSBS  into  this  forum  as  actively  as  you,   and  many others  are  so  doing

I may not  be  the  most  tactful  person in the  world  but   dammit  I  have  persistence    and   water  wins  over  stone

This  may not  be  to the  liking  of  ( some)   dealers   who  have   self  - abrogated    the  privilege  of    declaring  what  is  good  and  what is  not  good  in the    snuff bottle  world ,  but  snuff bottle  collecting  is  all about  COLLECTORS   not  dealers

And there  is  always  a  role  for    honest  dealers   in any collecting  hobby

I look forward  to  great things  in 2012 !

CHEERS     Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: