About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 05:39:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

The whole Very Modern IPN ( VMIPB) field is exploding !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The whole Very Modern IPN ( VMIPB) field is exploding !  (Read 341 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: December 17, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »

Hi All out  there...

The  VERY  MODERN  IPB  ( VMIPB)    field  =  anything  post-1990  and   especially  post-2000 is  exploding

That  is  a  fact. 

Prices are   escalating  and    SUPERB   bottles  are  being  painted today, unlike  anything   ever  painted  before ! 

Just  recently  : one   very-well  known  Heng Shui  artist  ( mid -40's)   whose  work  is  now   well-recognized but   whose  past  works  I  never  really  liked  (  just a  personal  thing)  painted a  bottle  that  is   totally  OUT  OF  THIS   WORLD

As  I look  at the  bottle  now  as  I  write  in the   early  hours  of  Sunday  morning  HK / China   time   : I am   totally   flabbergasted   at the  skill and   just PURE  ARTISTRY of this bottle.  Just  to  touch  it   is a  privilege , let  alone  to   actually  own  it .

OK  -  I attach   the  pic ( hope  it's the  correct  one)

It  blows  my  mind  -  only  a  true  GRAND  MASTER   could  create   such a  bottle

My  luck  was  to  view  this  bottle   at  Jill  Guo Jie's    BJ  shop  long  before  her  2011   catalogue was   finished. 

This  is  one  of  those  bottles  that   look   10 x  better   in  real  life  than  any  pic  in   a  catalogue

TOTALLY  AMAZING  !

Cheers

Peter

* s 2011 Catalogue.jpg (138.68 KB, 451x568 - viewed 12 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 02:37:48 pm »

Yup !

Got  the   right  pic  (  =   A-side)

This bottle  A- side  is  total  other-worldly  .

Never saw  ANY  bottle  so   wonderful

Cheers   Peter

* s 2011 Catalogue.jpg (138.68 KB, 451x568 - viewed 12 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 02:48:24 pm »

To all  you reading  this  :

The  experience   of  holding  such an  object  of PURE   BEAUTY is  something  I   truly  cannot
  explain 

Cheers

Peter (  aka    somewhat  'nuts'  and   crazy  re   VMIPBs  ) 
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 03:28:46 pm »

The  experience   of  holding  such an  object  of PURE   BEAUTY is  something  I   truly  cannot
  explain 

It truly is a beautiful bottle !
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: