About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Suo Jing

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suo Jing  (Read 723 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: December 14, 2011, 02:46:31 am »

Peter had mentioned about a bottle painted by Suo Jing and shown during the Florida convention.

Suo Jing is my favorite pick for landscape from within Jill's catalogue..

Many really nice examples are shown, but here is one of my favorites..

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:58 am »

Suo  Jing  is  one  of  Wang Guan Yu's   most  famous    students and  one can see  how  Wang Guan Yu's    recent "impressionist"  style   has  influence  Suo  Jing's  work

Personally  I'm  not  too  keen  on  Suo  Jing :  I think   maybe  because  he   often uses vivid  colors  in   strange  ways

But the   bottle  George  mentions  above  is  quite  stunning. ( In fact  it  was  not  shown  in  Palm  Beach  because  I had  already  bought the  bottle ,  even though  Jill left  it  in  her  catalogue)

I attach the  pic  again.  It's the  A  side  that   wow's  me  :  this  is  case when  the  bottle  in real  life  is  much better  than the   pic  in the  catalogue  (  and   the  pic  is   a  very  good  one  so you can  imagine  what the    bottle  is  really  like

The   rocks  seem to  shine  and the   water  is  so  realistic   one  would  swear that  there's a  real  waterfall inside the  bottle

A  true  masterpiece

Cheers  Peter

* s 2011 Catalogue.jpg (138.68 KB, 451x568 - viewed 27 times.)

* s 2011 Catalogue.jpg (129.7 KB, 444x578 - viewed 21 times.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:23:17 am by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:22:21 am »

I saw this one and yes, it really is beautiful even in the catalogue.
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: