About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 16, 2024, 11:34:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Snuff Bottle Collecting Publications for Trade Consideration...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snuff Bottle Collecting Publications for Trade Consideration...  (Read 506 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« on: December 08, 2011, 04:34:50 am »

Hi All

I went through my old copies of the respective magazines for snuff bottle collectors.  The chronology is as follows:

The Snuff Bottle Collector edited by Michael Kaynes, followed by
The Snuff Bottle Review edited by Michael Kaynes

and then the ICSBS Journals started.

Anyway, I have accumulated a bit of duplicates over time, and have the following doubles for trade against IPB related stuff. These are chockfill of old and useful information:

1. The Snuff Bottle Collector Number Six April 1972 (this is the one referred to by Bill), 57 pages, various 3-4-5 page articles, including one from Hugh Moss, Learning with Hugh Moss, Chinese Numerals, AND a RARE picture of Ye Xiaofeng.
2. The Snuff Bottle Collector Number Seven, January 1973, 82 pages, has an article of 14 pages by Hugh Moss about the Ye family
3. Snuff Bottle Review, No's 1-6 January - July 1975, 46 pages total, article of Peking Arts and Crafts Factory. pics of Ye Bengqi, Ye Shuying, Liu Shouben, Ding Guiling, brushes used, a recap of the painters in the factory, names , the pecking order in the factory, etc.. and their signatures, ...
4 Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 1 no 7-8, July-August 1975, Membership Directory, 6 page article about Shandong Artists, signatures, etc. and one more article about Shandong, 4pp, total 66 pages
5. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 2 no 1, 1976, 66 pages, various articles
6. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 2 no 2. Various, 16 pages
7. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 2 no 4, April 1977. Article about the pioneers of the Shandong school, 16 pages
8. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 2 no 5, June 1977, Review of Christies auction results about the Ko Collection, 16 pages
9. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 3 no 5, Oct 1978, Various... , 16 pages
10. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 6 no 1, March 1981, 22 pages, Article about Hornbill Ivory, 22pages
11. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 6. no 2, June 1981, 22 pages, Article about Porcelain marks, Wang Xisan in Honolul
12. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 6. no 3, Sept 1981, 22 pages, Articles about Black Tiger Studio IPBs, and Peach River Studio IPBs
13. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 7 no. 3, Sept 1982, The Grand Canal of China, and Li Kechang bottles, 18 pages
14. Snuff Bottle Review, Vol 8 no. 3, Autumn 1983, Various Stuff, 18 pages
15  Finally, a Y.F. Yang Catalogue, 56 pages chockfull of Snuff Bottles available and their prices in 1971 (dont get heart attacks!!! haha)

I want these to stay together ideally, it is much harder to trade once I seperate them.   I paid dearly to accumulate my own collection, and these are the resulting doubles.  I prefer NOT to sell, but if no trades for IPB are available then i might consider.

Get back to me with your/any trade ideas on the email address listed here! 
Thanks!

Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:48:19 am »

Items are gone and traded for... Consider the forum for trades folks! It obviously works...
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:17:48 am »

Excellent... !

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"