About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 12:40:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

looking for something fun / Share a bottle collecting story !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for something fun / Share a bottle collecting story !  (Read 770 times)
Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« on: November 18, 2011, 01:40:31 pm »

Would that be fun to start a thread called" best bargain", everybody can share one or two storys about bottle hunting, either got the bargain , or missed the treasure, or even spent big forturn and  got a crab......

I believe that everybody have a story to tell... I am a poor designer, don't have much money to spend on my bobby, so treasure hunting seems very important to me. also I think the treasure hunting is kind of fun for me, I really enjoyed the experience itself even I can't find treasure..

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:18:12 pm by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:17:49 pm »

I am just like you Steven..

Poor, broke and hungry !  So the hunt for me is really a big deal..  As a result, I do appreciate the treasures that I am able to purchase.

Like you as well, I do enjoy the experience of the hunt..

Lets just go ahead and make this your thread about best bargain, the ones that got away, spending a fortune and getting the crap, and what ever else members wish to share..

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 02:19:14 am »

Gotta tell ya that each and every one of my bottles so far have been pretty good bargains.  They have all been the results of persistant, and patient hunting ! With the exception of one recently purchased  Modern Period bottle.   

There is one short story I can share about that was an extra special reward of persistant demographic hunting. This Yong Shou T'ien was listed in an off the wall bottle category in eBay. Listed as "buy it now" just minutes before I stumbled on to it. Trying to remember, but pretty sure only paid like 30.00 for it. 

Perfect fit for my champagne taste, and beer budget !

It was about 3:00 am, and I remember waking my girlfriend up from a sound sleep so as to share my excitement, and good luck ! 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:21:28 am by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:03:56 am »

Hi  Steven

Collecting   is  in itself a  GREAT  THING

Go  for  it, and  keep   waking  up  your  girlfriend   in the  middle  of  the  night!

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:12:58 am »

It was George's gf... and also George in contact with Ian Hardy.   Not me... lol
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:36:55 am »

OK   . sorry

But    to all  members  :  do  keep   waking    up  your  girlfrend  / wife   (  hopefully  the   same   girl )  in   the  middle  of the  night  and   remind    her    that   SNUFF BOTTLES   RULE  OK  ! 

Cheers    Peter   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 05:08:21 pm »

Hi George,

Great bottle, I like this kind of warrior bottle, will hunt one for myself, just hope I am lucky as you are-:),
you sure are a great hunter, I still remember the yan runtian bottle for $70.00, admiring you......
I will share my experience after coming back from Mexico.

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: