About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 06:42:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Changes To The Forum / Private Category, and Boards Related To IP Bottles

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes To The Forum / Private Category, and Boards Related To IP Bottles  (Read 5066 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« on: November 03, 2011, 03:40:00 am »

George

You are not off base, and you and I have had several discussions about this.  I DO believe there is not enough contribution from others, AND I have gotten very hesitant about posting new information.  Also as you know, I have had my own policy of no longer posting pictures of items off my own collection.  I am and was just no longer comfortable about the web crawlers and lurkers but within and outside this forum.

I am sorry, I do not mean to offend anyone, but indeed the information being shared in the categories that you referred to is indeed valuable and important, and is built up from our collections, and discussions with many others, dealers, artists, etc.  This information is often not even available anywhere else, not in books and not on the web.  IF it were available the books and databases would be/could very expensive and difficult to obtain.  As such I fully agree and am a staunch and fervent supporters of this change!

Finally, I wholeheartedly agree that IF forum members seek access to the private sections, they should be monitored for their contributions and participation.  In other words, be a real part of the group or leave...Sorry.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:42:26 am by Inside Painted Collector » Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: