About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 01:20:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

The Forums Photo Hosting Option Is Now Available

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Forums Photo Hosting Option Is Now Available  (Read 2093 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« on: April 06, 2011, 03:55:33 am »

Peter

You just keep on confirming earlier suspicions, working in China and knowing base wage rates, etc...Also, this reflects my general opinion on ebay, outside of just pure luck of the draw and the instant for the trained eye, which is great ofcourse when it happens to us, but not often and not very likely, I suppose...  Am I correct to assume that there are pre-sold lists for the better artist's materials if they dont have easy access to online or other means of marketing?  Never having been to Hengshui or other inside-painting Meccas, it is great to get this info from you.  I am told there are nearly 40,000 people employed in the inside painting industry, hence the mass of product available.  Is this anywhere near the real fact?

I also hear of students copying the students of the modern masters, etc (just like this happened since the beginning of the art), so this makes it even harder to discern reality from fiction.

So, how DO these people market, if at all?  It is word of mouth? And who are the respectable middle-persons?   Too many questions.  Very happy this forum exists.  Have been looking for like-minded folks to communicate with about this hobby for a long time!

Thx!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: