About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 03:05:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

The Forums Photo Hosting Option Is Now Available

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Forums Photo Hosting Option Is Now Available  (Read 2110 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: April 06, 2011, 01:51:56 am »

Hello  George

I'm not  sure  how to  announce  my data  base   on your  forum, although  I mentioned  it  in my personal  introduction

But I do want  it  to be  available to   to  every other  collector  free  of  charge  ( just   send   me   a  8 +   GB   memory stick)     and  later  on  I  will  find  a  way  to provide  updates.

Especially welcome  collectors  who will send  me  pics  of their own collections   so I  can incorporate  into the  DB

My objective  in creating the  DB is      3- fold :

1.  Help new  collectors  to   find their  way  though  the  modern   artist "jungle"  , which  is  made  even more  confusing  by  the  mistakes  in    pinyin spelling  ( Will the  real  " Liu Hui"   please  stand  up ? In  fact there  are    two   real   Liu Hui's :  one  from  Hengshui and  one  from Shandong)  ...  and  the fact that some  artists  use  several  pen names

2. Help  new collectors    to understand   who  are    Masters and  who are  students  and  see   examples  of their  works

3.  Help the   artists  themselves, who  I  think are  the  most  un-appreciated   and  under-valued  people in this   whole  inside-painted   snuff  bottle    field.    They  often  have  no way to sell   except via  "runner - buyers"  who  buy  up  their  best works   wholesale and then   re- sell   via   numerous channels 

My  objective  is therefore  to  create and manage  a  master   data  base , which is   available  for  any  and  every  collector  .  I hope that  eventually  the  DB  can  be put  in line   via   Bill's  website,  but  I already have    6 GB of   data  so that's  far to much to  download . Therefore  I offer  copies  on memory  sticks   for  free to  any serious  collector.

So...   QUESTION  :    how can  I  raise  this  as a  special  topic  on your   forum ? 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: