About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 06:21:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Have a look at this one said to be painted by Yu Feng

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a look at this one said to be painted by Yu Feng  (Read 1304 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: September 04, 2011, 05:35:23 am »

Have a look at this one said to be painted by Yu Feng ( Yu Feng 宇峰 = Yu Junxia = Yun Chuan ).

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:41:47 am »

Yup... this is her style all the way.  I have 5 or 6 bottles from her.  The detail of all her work signed as Yu Feng is just incredible.  She is the best detailed painter that I know for this type of landscapes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:46:35 am by Inside Painted Collector » Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:20 pm »

Please also note that this is a typical example of an artist using different pen names for different subjects.  Yun Chuan name is used for flowers and animals, while Yu Feng for landscapes.  All my Yu Feng bottles are landscapes, all the Yun Chuan bottles are birds and flowers.  But all extremely detailed, albeit that her landscapes tend to be unicolor wioth a dash of color, while the birds and flowers are extremely colorful..
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

snuffbottlecollector

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:44:27 am »

That's an interesting comment Pat that at least gives a little logic to the use of different names. I can see this could be particularly significant to an artist who had established quite a reputation in one style/subject and wanted to try something else.

Bill
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:36:08 pm »

I have  a     small  handful  of  landscape  bottles  by  Yun Chuan  and I echo  Pat's  comments

Very  detailed  work,  sort  of  monochrome  coloring  with  just a  splash  of   bright  where  it  counts

I bought a  SUPERB     landscape  painted by her  in 2001  from Mr  Tai  ( retired  dealer  in HK)  for   the  incredible price  of  HK$1,000  ( it  was  marked  at  HK$1,480  from 10 years  ago when  Mr  Tai  still had  his  shop)  . It must be  worth   10 x   that  now. I bought  a couple of   almost  identical  ( on  the  A-side  only)  bottles    by her , one signed   Yun Chuan  and  one    signed  Yu  Feng    a year  or  so ago  in BJ,  but the   quality  and detail  was not   quite  as good  as  the   2001  bottle, so maybe  she  is  past  her prime

Cheers   Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: