About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 06:06:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

DVD - The Making of a Masterpiece: The Story of Inside Painted Snuff Bottles

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD - The Making of a Masterpiece: The Story of Inside Painted Snuff Bottles  (Read 780 times)
snuffbottlecollector

« on: January 31, 2011, 10:33:46 am »

This is a DVD I have produced which is commercially duplicated (Not a burned DVD). If you are curious about "How do they do that?" , this DVD will let you see the process. In this 2 hour DVD, I give a little inside painted snuff bottle history before you watch stills ad clips from a small bottle carving factory. This is followed by the bulk of the DVD which shows exerpts from various stages of artist Wang Sijia painting one side of a modern bottle, a process which took him about 60 hours to complete. The closing shows some resources which are available.

Mention this forum and you can prchase this DVD for $15 post paid to any US address. International buyers pay actual postage charges depending on how you want shippin done.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 02:55:57 pm »

I will take one of these to Bill...  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:36:43 pm »

For anyone interested in seeing the complete process from beginning to end on how an inside painted bottle is done, this CD is a must to have.

It is beautifully narrated by Bill ( snuffbottlecollecter ).

The amount of time and skill required just to shape and hollow the bottles really makes me appreciate these even more.

Watching the complete painting of a bottle was especially enjoyable.

I am a bit torn as I doubt that the laborer who shapes the bottles are fairly finanically rewarded for their skill. 

It would be interesting to know how as well how student artists are paid for their skills.

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »

For some of our newer members who have not seen Bill's CD..

Just want to share that he currently has this CD listed on eBay.

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 08:57:58 pm »

Hi  All

It's a  really great   video .Bill sent   me a  copy   3  years   ago .

Bit  of  it  are  ( or  were)  availaible on youtube, but the   definition  is nothing  like    the real  DVD
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: