About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 19, 2024, 04:24:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

SNUFF BOTTLE MEETING IN LIVERPOOL, 14-16.JUNE

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SNUFF BOTTLE MEETING IN LIVERPOOL, 14-16.JUNE  (Read 953 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« on: May 25, 2018, 04:41:02 am »

The 'UK, IRELAND & ISRAEL' SB Collectors Group is meeting in Liverpool to see snuff bottles,
and possibly the Terracotta Warriors display.
Whomever is in Liverpool on Thurs.14.June - a group of us are going out to dinner -
Susan Page, Maggie & Victoria Kleiner, Jerry Levine and myself, that I know of.

Fri.15.June, we are going to see snuff bottles at the Lady Lever Gallery, Port Sunlight.
We will organise lunch and dinner for whoever wants to join us.
Sat.16.June, we will go to the Terracotta Warriors display
 Please be in touch with Susan Page  - susan@snuffbottlepages.com - ASAP if you want to join us for the Terracotta Warriors display and the meals.
There are 8-12 snuff bottle collectors attending that I know of.
I think the Lady Lever Gallery visit is open to anyone arriving.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

forestman
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:45:55 am »

Dear Joey,

I will see if I can make it up there but it's a little to early to be able to commit to anything yet.

Regards, Adrian.
Report Spam   Logged

Luke
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 03:33:20 am »

Dear Joey,

Sounds like a great few days, but I know I'll be very busy with work the next month and unfortunately won't have time to go. Have a great time guys!

Best,
Luke
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting snuff bottles since 2016

Jungle Jas

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 04:46:25 am »

Hi Joey,

I have not been on the site recently for various personal reasons but have just noticed this post. You may have problems getting into the terracotta warriors. I was in Liverpool 2 weeks ago and tried to get to see the exhibition, I found they were booked up for weeks in advance, It may be a wise idea to have a plan B.

I also remember gong to the Lady Lever  Gallery some 10-15 years ago  only to find the snuff bottles were not on display! Please don't just assume they are there as they do alter displays. Best check first.

I may well be able to make the Friday as I don't live a million miles away. Unfortunately I have to earn a crust on Saturdays.

Kind regards Jason.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:59:13 am by Jungle Jas » Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 08:02:10 am »

Dear Jason,

We are a well organised, if small, group!
On Friday, at the Lady Lever Gallery, indeed the bottles will not be on display.
They will be waiting for us to look at them close up, and help the staff correctly catalogue them!
And we have 14 tickets booked for 10:00am on Saturday, to get in to the terracotta soldiers display, courtesy of Susan Gavins Page, who booked and paid for them, and is hosting the group. We are presently 8 or 9. So we definitely have room for another 5, anyway.
Meals are the attendees' responsibility.
I look forward to meeting or seeing as many as can come.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Jungle Jas

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 01:52:20 am »

Dear Joey,

I am so pleased you are well organised, sounds like an Interesting couple of days! I wish I had been as well prepared when I viseted!  Wink

Any one who has not been to Liverpool will find it a friendly little city, and I personally find the peoples friendliness a joy. Unlike a lot of city's  I have visited.

Kind Regards, Jason.

Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 05:59:14 pm »

Dear Jason,

Thank you. I'm looking forward to visiting Liverpool. The name is off-putting [a 'pool' of liver? Gross!  Roll Eyes Grin], but from your description, it sounds great.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

rosegl

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 03:27:13 am »

Hello Joey, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I'll not be able to attend because I'm delivering a paper at a colloquium at the University of Geneva.
But could you ask your friends about Mrs. A. M. Robertson?

Thanks in advance

My best

Georges
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 03:33:20 am »

Dear Georges,

"Great minds think alike..." [I'm using that too much... Roll Eyes Shocked Grin]!
I'm planning to ask people there, and also my friends Dr. Lionel Copley from the UK, and Gayle Gray Laverlochere, from Paris. They are even longer in this 'game' than I.

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

forestman
Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 03:09:34 am »

Dear Joey,

Hope you all had a good time in Liverpool. Sorry I was too busy to come.

Regards, Adrian.
Report Spam   Logged

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 12:29:51 pm »

Glad this group got together in Liverpool.  I saw some photos of the display of bottles.  It is always a treat when snuff bottle friends gather!

I know Susan was very excited about the terracotta soldiers as she mentioned it to me in an email last week.  I plan to share a new treasure that I purchased from her in San Francisco at the meeting there in May.  I hope all will like it!  Best Jo
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: