About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 07:48:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Cloisonne Bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloisonne Bottle  (Read 802 times)
Kaja

« on: April 22, 2018, 10:57:18 am »

Found this bottle in an antique shop just recently, along with another I will be asking about when I get a photo. I was thrilled to find a few snuff bottles in an actual brick and mortar store. Especially in a remote town outside of Waco, Texas.  So I had to buy it, just for the experience!!

It is very smooth in my hand and it is also quite thin. There is a nice shiny brass, or maybe even gilt spoon.

The fun was worth the $40.00, but was the bottle?

Kaja

* IMG_1970.jpg (639.21 KB, 1090x1583 - viewed 69 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »

Kaja,

I remember finding my first bottle in an antique store!  Unfortunately, my sightings since have been few and far between...
Congrats on a modern cloisonne.

Cheers,

Rube.
Report Spam   Logged

Rube, 4th Generation Collector

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 08:47:26 am »

Dear Kaja,

I agree with Rube.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Kaja

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 12:58:13 pm »

Thank you both. It was exciting to find a snuff bottle locally.  Now I want to visit all the antique stores again.

Kaja
Report Spam   Logged
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 05:25:14 am »

Dear Kaja,

Genuine antique SBs are still out there. Don't give up hope (though it doesn't sound like you are  Roll Eyes Grin)....

Just a couple of years ago, I was visiting a dear friend, Rick, in New Orleans. He had alerted me to the fact that a late 18th C. Fruit form Spinach green Nephrite Jade with a coral stem stopper, had been  'bought in' at a local auction only a few days prior to my visit, and could be had for under US$1,000 (US$800 hammer price, plus the auction's 10-15% commission, and the State's tax on the commission).

Proving the adage that no good deed goes unpunished, I dragged poor Rick 6 or 7 blocks in the muggy hot N.O. Afternoon, past these scruffy street people, to go to the  auction house to buy it IMMEDIATELY! I have it and am very happy with it,

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: