About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 06:40:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Yellow Glass Immortals Riding a Tortoise

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow Glass Immortals Riding a Tortoise  (Read 486 times)
SBNut

« on: March 15, 2018, 01:38:19 pm »

Hi Adrian,

Thank you, I'm on the mend for now. I definitely now believe that this bottle is based on the Journey to the West, I found this painting of the characters (photo below) and they actually match exactly to the four characters on the bottle (crown and all). The current "cork" (which is that band-aid material wound around the spoon) and spoon were just glued onto the head as you stated but I have a feeling this is a replacement. I don't know how old this bottle is but the quality is superb and the carving of the glass is deep and very well executed and polished so I find it hard to see a cheap spoon on something of quality. Do you have any idea or estimate as to age? I know its hard to date based on its unique design. I have seen a few other detailed carved yellow bottles before but nothing like this. Thank you for your input!

All the best,
~Daniel

* Bottle56g.jpg (126.29 KB, 564x376 - viewed 18 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: