About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 03:50:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Super bargain! Don't miss it!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super bargain! Don't miss it!  (Read 685 times)
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« on: November 25, 2017, 12:47:04 pm »

Incredible, there should be a filter on ebay to ban such crazy guys. It is legitimate to accuse him of tentative of stealing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-SNUFFBOTTLE/162743800322?hash=item25e4495202:g:eokAAOSwPWRZV3zg

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 01:41:22 pm »

Dear Giovanni,

What do you have against a genuine viking from Sweden?
He's used to plundering and pillaging!
'ONLY' US$4,000 for two such 'treasures'? So what if he added a few zeros (like 3!).  Roll Eyes Shocked
But what idiot will buy them?
Best,
Joey
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:59:11 am by Joey » Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 05:01:55 pm »

Dear Joey,
this guy should be sued. After posting, I did a look at the other items that he is selling. Some obvious cheap fake, at crazy prices.
I am sure that if reported to ebay or sued, the verdict will be that he is simply proposing something at a certain price, so it is all matter of the buyer, nobody is forcing him to buy.
So he will be declared “clean”, while indeed he is acting as a criminal, exploiting other’s ignorance.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:35 pm »

Dear Giovanni,

As crazy as it sounds, I think that Swedish guy does have the right to price his goods at what ever price he wishes, so long as he hasn’t misrepresented them. Whether any sensible person would buy them and willfully fall for such a rip off is another question...

The guy is not going to have any business. He can only have a deal with insane people, not sensible people like us... Roll Eyes

Best,
Samson
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:16:28 pm by samsonlzj » Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 01:01:36 am »

Dear Samson,

The seller HAS misrepresented them: By putting down  "Antique Original", under the subject "Original/Reproduction:"
Best,
Joey

Dear Giovanni,

As crazy as it sounds, I think that Swedish guy does have the right to price his goods at what ever price he wishes, so long as he hasn’t misrepresented them. Whether any sensible person would buy them and willfully fall for such a rip off is another question...

The guy is not going to have any business. He can only have a deal with insane people, not sensible people like us... Roll Eyes

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 01:03:58 am »

Dear Giovanni,

I was being facetious earlier.
But seriously, you are right. I also checked his 'wares'. Yup, all crap with false descriptions and huge prices.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 02:16:54 am »

Dear Samson,
I don’t agree with you. First at all, in some of his listings he says, for example “Song style”, and that is correct. But in others listings he declares the piece as being Song and that is a fraud.
But I would go further. In my previous post, I originally did write a sentence that then I decide to delete before posting. The sentence was “There are some limits in Democracy”.
Meaning what I said further, that if sued, the guy would much probably be legitimate because the matter is on the buyer. That is not correct in my opinion.
There are many criminals taking advantage of the ignorance of not educated people, aged persons, and so on. Not always an ignorant should be blamed for that. In most cases, it has just been not lucky, he just had no conditions to elevate his cultural level. Or he lived in small communities where everybody relies on the others, they are not prevented against scam.
Those people should be protected, they are not causing troubles to the Community, while criminals do.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 04:02:16 am »

The seller HAS misrepresented them: By putting down  "Antique Original", under the subject "Original/Reproduction

Dear Joey,

Yes you’re right. I missed that... then there’s an issue.

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 04:09:15 am »

Dear Samson,
I don’t agree with you. First at all, in some of his listings he says, for example “Song style”, and that is correct. But in others listings he declares the piece as being Song and that is a fraud.
But I would go further. In my previous post, I originally did write a sentence that then I decide to delete before posting. The sentence was “There are some limits in Democracy”.
Meaning what I said further, that if sued, the guy would much probably be legitimate because the matter is on the buyer. That is not correct in my opinion.
There are many criminals taking advantage of the ignorance of not educated people, aged persons, and so on. Not always an ignorant should be blamed for that. In most cases, it has just been not lucky, he just had no conditions to elevate his cultural level. Or he lived in small communities where everybody relies on the others, they are not prevented against scam.
Those people should be protected, they are not causing troubles to the Community, while criminals do.
Kind regards
Giovanni

Dear Giovanni,

Yes. One thing we all can certainly agree on, these people don’t do any good to collectors, especially the amateur ones, and to the community as a whole! I would have fallen into such traps when I started out two years ago!

This guy doesn’t even bother spending any effort doing so. All kinds of spams and rip-offs exist in this world. We should always be wary.

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

ileney

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 07:39:45 am »

It appears that the listing has been removed. I tried to follow the link and received an error message.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: