General information about the Site

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, evaluating, identifying, researching, appraisals, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Adrian recently shared this wonderful Yan Yutian panelled bottle

Gotheborg's Marks On Chinese Porcelain

Snuff Bottle Collector

The International Chinese Snuff Bottle Society

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 17, 2018, 09:38:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home Help Search Downloads Gallery Staff List Login Register  

2 x Zhou Leyuan bottles ?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Add poll  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2 x Zhou Leyuan bottles ?  (Read 182 times)
Private Boards

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 08:04:46 am »

Hi Rube,

My first pictures were taken prior to it having had a gentle wipe with a q tip which hasn't removed all the snuff by any means, it does seem to cling on, probably due to some oils in the snuff.

The wear on the signature calligraphy was there when I bought it and there is a possibility that someone previously had an attempt at cleaning it as the wear is mainly in a narrow band. I think it is the wear making the two sides of calligraphy look different.

It isn't helped by the wear on the bottle which is covered in scratches which dull the whole effect of the painting, it's clearly a bottle that was well used. It's the old question, keep the patina of use and age or polish the surface so the painting can be seen as the artist intended ?

Regards, Adrian.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Add poll  |  Print  
Jump to: