About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 09:40:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Zhen Yu

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zhen Yu  (Read 1973 times)
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 11:19:49 pm »

Another Zhen Yu bottle.  This was my first Zhen Yu purchase back in 2006, and it has remained one of my favored bottles.

This is what David Osborne had to say about it back then:

The only color in these extraordinary paintings is in the eyes!!

I love Independent top artist Zhen Yu's work and I was 'in heaven' when he visited me in my hotel room with a selection of his bottles. In heaven because of the amazing quality and the fact that this artist has the foresight of wanting his work known outside of China instead of charging a very high price. He knows that as his work gets known in North America, and beyond, he will reap the rewards.

These paintings are basically done in white and black ink and you can see just how much detail he has managed to get into this bottle. Every single one of these Six Eagles are perfection. It has to be your subject of course but if you are into Birds of Prey this could be for you. A true collectors item!

Bottle is 3.5 inches (9 cm) including the lovely stopper, it is very well hollowed and weighs just 2.25 oz or 65 grams

Charll

* eagleszy.jpg (357.21 KB, 903x1103 - viewed 51 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:22:45 pm by rpfstoneman » Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: