About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 11:09:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Mongolian Horn Bottle

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mongolian Horn Bottle  (Read 2246 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 02:02:18 am »

Dear Tom,

I know. And I believe you as a source. It's just that after 'knowing' the type were 'Mongolian' since 1970, it's hard to get my head around the fact that this 'fact' was false. Don't worry. It will percolate through.  Shocked Grin

Best,
Joey

It's still hard for me to change my ingrained 'knowledge' that this type is 'Mongolian', even though I trust Tom's info that it is actually Tibetan in manufacture.

Dear Joey,

That snippet of information came from Mongolians I met when visiting Ulaanbaatar a few years ago. In response to my asking why, amongst all the snuff bottles I saw, there were no bottles of the type Rube just posted, the unequivocal response was "because they come from Tibet, not Mongolia!"

Best,
Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 02:17:29 am »

Dear Rube,

By the way, Argentine Jews in Israel all have their Mate' sets, and happily share Mate' with friends. I've had it many times on Moshav Mevo Betar, settled by Jews from Argentina, and in Jerusalem, and wherever I have friends who hail from Argentina.

And though I like Mate', I LOVE 'Dulce de leche', also brought to Israel by Argentine Jews!  I control myself, because I could get Diabetes all over again from it. But it is so delicious. 
       Over 70,000 Jews have returned to Israel from Argentina, just over 1% of our Israeli Jewish population. With their kids, there must be double that. 

Best,
Joey

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

NE collector

Woman of the West, with Eyes on the East

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 04:03:08 am »

Hi Rube,

Your bottle is very close in appearance to mine! The body of my bottle appears to be more round than yours but other than that it's a match. Nice to know we share a similar bottle.  Thank's for sharing!

Best regards,

Toni-Lee
Report Spam   Logged

Toni-Lee

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: