About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 05:28:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

UK ban on Ivory.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK ban on Ivory.  (Read 676 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« on: October 10, 2017, 03:02:35 am »

Dear Jason,

There are a number of problems for me with a total Ivory ban.
1. Ivory has been a medium of Human artistic endeavor for over 8,000 years; in the Israel Museum Jerusalem, there is an 8,000 year old knife hilt of ivory, carved in the shape of a doe, with the four limbs close to the body. It's stunning, and was supposed to be a high point of a traveling exhibition of Israel Museum collection objects in 7 museums in the USA and Canada, till the Americans said that Ivory could not be imported, even temporarily, into the USA. So it returned to its display case in our Prehistoric Section.

2. There is a lot of Prehistoric Mammoth Ivory out there. That is legal at the moment.

3. If every country mandated a DNA test for Ivory, it would go down to about US$16/piece, and possibly less.

4. It is part of creeping Bolshevism; they were beaten again and again, so, in order to limit us, and thereby weaken Western democratic freedoms, they make up different scams to deprive us of freedoms and get us trained to accept Big Brother's controls, come the revolution: First it was the 'Global Freezing' scam (remember? The world was going into a new Ice Age, because we were using too much of something or other); then the 'Global Warming' scam. When it was proven that pseudo scientists had falsified the data, and technically there is no 'Global Warming' [in fact, since 1998, when the latest scam started, it's been getting a bit cooler!], they repackaged it as 'Global Climate Change'; makes it easier to switch from 'Global Warming' to 'Global Freezing', I guess.

I accept that there has ALWAYS been Global Climate Change; I DON'T accept that any of it is Human-caused. One stinking little volcano in Iceland did more to cause pollution than all the cars every made, put together.  And when Arctic ice is shrinking, Antarctic ice is growing. 

And 97% of serious scientists in the fields of meteorology and climate do NOT accept the concept of Human caused Climate Change; 97% of self-described 'scientists' in Chicago who were polled once in 1998, do. I know this because a friend's wife in Chicago, was polled, because she is a bacteriologist. When Dr. Shaul was asked if she believed that it was Human caused, she asked in return, "Why are you asking me? I'm not "in Climate", I'm in Bacteriology". They said they were asking all scientists in the Chicago area their personal opinion. She said that such a question had no merit, and hung up.

Although, I must admit that if I was Albert Gore, I would believe very strongly in the new religion of Human-caused Global Climate Change. It has enlarged Mr. Gore's net worth from about US$68 million, to just under US$1.2 billion!  And enables him to flit about on his private jet all over the world, while preaching to us that we should stop all 'frivolous' air travel, and cycle instead of drive.

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: