About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 10:19:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hooked on Snuff Bottles

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hooked on Snuff Bottles  (Read 2549 times)
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 12:26:28 am »

Hi All,

Ted, Kaja, Elisha and others who introduced themselves and then went very quiet, I hope they will return. As Steven says, if they are truly interested in snuff bottles, they will come back sooner or later.

I had no experience of internet forums before joining this one, so there was no benchmark to gauge it by. Until last year.

I have a few vintage wrist-watches and a nice antique pocket watch. As I know almost nothing about watches I decided to join a forum dedicated to that topic (a huge one, claiming to have over 18,000 members). At the back of my mind was the possibility of selling them to fellow collectors. To do that you need to clock up a minimum of 50 posts. "Easy," I thought, based on the snuff bottle forum.

How mistaken I was. First post, to introduce myself, elicited 2 responses of welcome. Then I posted photos of my first vintage wrist-watch. No response - except to advise on how to up-load images properly (different system from this forum). No other replies. After a few weeks I posted my nice gold pocket watch in the 'antique pocket watches' thread. Again, no response, zilch....nada.

Then I saw a thread dedicated to Sicura divers' watches. So I posted photos of my own 1960s model, which, judging from eBay, are very collectible. What happened? You guessed......not a single response.

A year and a half later and I have struggled to make 13 posts. At this rate it will take 5 more years before I hit 50 posts. That forum is like talking to a brick wall. So, for the benefit of any newcomers to the world of snuff bottles who may be reading this post.....

THIS IS A WONDERFUL, FRIENDLY, INTERACTIVE, ENTHUSIASTIC AND RESPONSIVE FORUM WHERE YOU WILL MEET AND DISCUSS WITH OTHER LIKE-MINDED SNUFF BOTTLE COLLECTORS !!!

Thank you George for creating it...!

Tom
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:45:46 am by Wattana » Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: