About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:34:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

I know we all miss out on a bottle from time to time, but...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I know we all miss out on a bottle from time to time, but...  (Read 2073 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 10:33:15 pm »

It is just so disturbing over all as M and VM artists and the art as a whole is concerned.

I have not been much involved with modern works.. But am trying to pay closer attention .. Always giving thought to how in the world this forum might be used as a tool for these artist in an effort to promote their work directly.. It is a hurdle , that has been difficult to figure out..

It is quite confusing why an artist with an obvious IP talent, and especially with calligraphy that they would be, I think "coaxed" into falsely signing..

The whole idea is so disrespectful to the art, and equally to the artist.. I can't help but be reminded of a story Peter shared with me during a past convention.. Where these talented and upcoming artist were seated in the very back of the room.. Never once acknowledged, and shuffled out the back door to a waiting bus after certain ICSBS heads gave speeches at the podium..

It is so sad to see what is an obvious abuse of their talents for profit..

Such a sour taste it leaves.. Especially at a time when again I find myself looking closer at these artists.. Not that I have any significant amount of money to spend on them, but still..... 

One thing for absolute sure.. I have made a commitment to never purchase a VM piece unless purchased or commissioned directly through folks like Peter, Pin, Steven, and others. 

If the ICSBS had any true desire to be a pillar within our collecting community, they would do everything they could to put a stop to this, and as well the greedy middle men profiting from these practices..

I think the future of the art is in great jeopardy..
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:26:09 pm by George » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: