General information about the Site

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, evaluating, identifying, researching, appraisals, and much more.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Steven shared this beautiful Ma Shaoxian bottle

Gotheborg's Marks On Chinese Porcelain

Photobucket

Snuff Bottle Collector

The International Chinese Snuff Bottle Society

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
January 21, 2018, 11:55:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Downloads Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Mongolian Connection

Poll
Question: 9LYSOg
JcZNMxOTRLcwAUjsIx - 0 (0%)
UewgECIxffbDD - 0 (0%)
nqBRiAYugMXlbeIXBCd - 0 (0%)
PNMnFfbZytkbl - 0 (0%)
OWhgViQLyDGtWJAS - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mongolian Connection  (Read 890 times)
OIB
Private Boards

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:17:11 am »

Tom,

I missed reading your post earlier. It is very informative and enlightening ! Thank you.
It leads me to think of a parallel link -- would be nice if someone has written on the living habit of snuff taking in modern Europe, albeit from snuff boxes, and the development, if any, in the design and manufacturing of snuff boxes.

Your article causes my mind to go back to late 1980's when I was watching a German snuffing right in front of me. He was the then retired German Chancellor, Helmut Schmidt. He was in Singapore and during his visit he visited the German-Singapore Institute where I was the Singaporean director then. This joint-government project was approved by him and the late Mr. Lee Kuan Yew. I was hosting him lunch together with my Chairman. I have not started collecting snuff bottle then. Otherwise I would have taken out my bottle to share with him ( from 1991, I did carry a bottle a day to my office, Tom. I stopped the habit some three to four years later ! )

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: