About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 07:36:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Cheeky bastard !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheeky bastard !  (Read 682 times)
forestman
Private Boards

« on: July 26, 2017, 09:24:34 am »

I saved a newly listed cinnabar bottle to my watch list on Ebay as it was a nice genuine example. There was only 1 picture and "more pictures and description to follow"

More pictures have been added saying ignore the first picture and judge by the other pictures. That's because the first picture is of a different bottle to all the other pictures which are of what could be a resin bottle that is vastly inferior.

Someone, not me, had put in a bid based on the first picture. You hope whoever listed it will allow them to retract their bid although from what he seems to be saying he may not. They infer that no-one should have put in a bid until all the pictures and description were added (although there is still no description).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chinese-vintage-snuf-bottle-lot/263105808761?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Cheeky bastard or am I being unfair ?

Regards, Adrian.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:37:34 am »

Dear Adrian,

You are NOT being unfair. He is a criminal son of a bi*ch, and purposely set it up to fool some unwary person.
  They should threaten to have him removed for posting a false representation.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:47:31 pm »

I am with Joey..  Deceiving and misleading ...
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 12:58:14 pm »

Dear Adrian,

Let the buyer demand that the seller supply the first bottle posted, or call the police.
Is the seller in the UK?
If not, the buyer should get onto eBAY, and accuse the seller of fraud, and threaten to involve the police in his locality.
The assorted police forces would love an excuse to come down hard on eBAY.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:47 pm »

Dear all,

That's one very dishonest seller.

The first picture should never have been posted in the first place. Some more it was the only picture at the beginning that interested buyers could refer to! Really deceiving!

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 08:28:00 pm »

I am not familiar with eBAY, but are sellers allowed to advertise using an illustration which is not that of the object for sale?
If so, can I advertise 20 point diamonds for sale, but use the 105 carat Koh-i-Noor Diamond 'as an  illustration'? I'd seriously doubt it.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 09:30:59 pm »

The item is located in Jericho, New York, so I assume the seller is also located there. Although to judge by his/her dishonesty, the stated location may well be a smokescreen.

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 10:05:46 am »

I did write to that guy, telling him that he should be ashamed, he is not honest and that I will report him to ebay, which indeed I did.
Then he did answer me saying that I could cancel my bidding, and saying that he is honest.
Then I did reply telling him that it is not my bid, and asking him why he is not removing the first picture.
Here is his answer:
"don't always think people trick like you, i clear stated on description: 'will add pictures and description later', you don't read my instruction, you put bid within an hour, so disable me remove picture put descriptions on there, so I added more pictures and descriptions on the bottom within few hours, just let people know, i put list on to hold the time then edit them, you will know I sell exactly what I put on, relax buy from me, any question will answer."
Oh yes, he is right, he will sell exactly what he put on, i.e. the low grade bottle.
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 10:10:42 am »

Dear Giovanni,

You were 100% correct in what you did.
He was 'chancing his arm' as my neighbours in rural Ireland would say - trying to cheat, but getting caught right away.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 04:44:45 pm »

Giovanni,

Thanks for doing that! Most people wouldn't take the time. I recall you did something similar on this Forum ( I came across it in my studies here, but before I joined). It speaks to your integrity, which I respect.
Cheers,
Rube
Report Spam   Logged

Rube, 4th Generation Collector

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: