About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 16, 2024, 04:09:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A recent find in an Australian antiques shop

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A recent find in an Australian antiques shop  (Read 929 times)
Boletus

« on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:47 am »

Hello Rube, thank you very much for your reply and for your very welcome opinion.
I hope that my photos are paying some justice, obviously when seen in person and held in your hands the bottle feels and looks much better, but then again this perhaps could be said of all bottles... or perhaps not?
When examined with a 10x loupe it shows good signs of age and wear, together with clear signs of its being carved with a cameo technique. But perhaps this doesn't mean much, probably many modern examples are carved pretty much the same way...
Anyway, please let me know if you have other thoughts while we wait for more comments and opinions.
What do you think of the other three bottles shown in the group photo?
Cheers and thanks again
Frank
Report Spam   Logged

Frank
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: