About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 02:28:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Sharing a beautiful song

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharing a beautiful song  (Read 577 times)
samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« on: July 07, 2017, 12:29:22 pm »

Dear all,

The forum's been rather quiet and less dynamic lately. For the moment, I haven't got another bottle to share yet, but I'll share this beautiful song with you all. Personally, I feel that the modest and soothing melody of this song matches the theme of Chinese art so well. I first listened to it soon after I began to fall in love with snuff bottles so I often associate it with my collecting hobby subconsciously…

The title of the song is “心依戀” which translates into "the heart clings and adores".

Hope you all like it as much as I do. Smiley

Enjoy!

Best,
Samson

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:37:54 pm by samsonlzj » Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »

Samson, that's pretty cool how the effects of snuff bottles transcends across many mediums for you!  I like the song too, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Rube
Report Spam   Logged

Rube, 4th Generation Collector

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:17:43 pm »

Really wonderful and thank you for taking the time to share Samson...

Yes, been quiet... I have been busy and not on the computer to much during the Summer.. Also , do not have any new bottles to share.. Kind of saving my pennies for another Wang Tie Min calligraphy bottle that Pin is helping me with..

Enjoying the beautiful Summer weather Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 06:32:36 pm »

George,

I, too, am a fan of Wang Tie Min, so I bet it'll be a dandy!

Cheers,

Rube.
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:23:02 pm »

that's pretty cool how the effects of snuff bottles transcends across many mediums for you!  I like the song too, thanks for sharing.

Dear Rube,

I'm glad you like the song. And what you said about snuff bottles' influence in me is very true! It just enriches my life in every way! Smiley

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »

Really wonderful and thank you for taking the time to share Samson...

Yes, been quiet... I have been busy and not on the computer to much during the Summer.. Also , do not have any new bottles to share.. Kind of saving my pennies for another Wang Tie Min calligraphy bottle that Pin is helping me with..

Enjoying the beautiful Summer weather Smiley

Have a relaxing summer George!

Here in HK however the weather is very unstable. It rains every now and then. Sometimes it gets extremely hot and sometimes extremely wet...

Wang Tie Min's works are indeed great! And his calligraphy is very stylish too!

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 06:13:15 am »

Dear Samson,

I loved the video. It was so calming and indeed beautiful.
I agree re. Wang Tiemin's calligraphy. I bought 4 of his works in quartz bottles. I think he's not yet at Li Ruchen's level, but getting close.

best,
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Rube
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 03:05:30 pm »

Samson,

For me, snuff bottles remind me of my late mother.  This pebble bottle in particular, because she bought it in Hong Kong in 1959, the year she graduated from college, and carried it with her all the way around the world.  Knowing this, I love to hold this smooth russet jade pebble, as it summons her fond memory.

Cheers,

Rube.

* FullSizeRender pebble 1.jpg (91.29 KB, 480x640 - viewed 21 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 10:33:04 am »

I agree re. Wang Tiemin's calligraphy. I bought 4 of his works in quartz bottles. I think he's not yet at Li Ruchen's level, but getting close.

Dear Joey,

Wang Tiemin's definitely got what it takes to reach Li Ruchen's level! I'm sure his works will get even finer as his skill matures further...

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 11:06:18 am »

For me, snuff bottles remind me of my late mother.  This pebble bottle in particular, because she bought it in Hong Kong in 1959, the year she graduated from college, and carried it with her all the way around the world.  Knowing this, I love to hold this smooth russet jade pebble, as it summons her fond memory.

Dear Rube,

Thanks for your sharing.

Every collector has his/her own story to tell about his/her collection. Many of us may find some kind of unique emotional attachment with particular bottles in our collections, like this jade pebble bottle to you.

It's interesting and delightful to know the special meaning snuff bottles have in your life - snuff bottles being a portrayal of your late mother's life and carriers of her fond memory.

Your jade pebble bottle is already beautiful for its physical attributes as an art piece, but its real charm lies in the special meaning it carries for you as its inheritor and collector.

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 11:36:05 am »

IMO...... it will take a while for anyone to reach Li RiChen standard in the Regular script... she is still the holds 2 world record in that area...

But running script, Tie Min is pretty good... and his 600 words and more bottle in this area is hard to match for now...

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

samsonlzj
Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 12:00:36 pm »

IMO...... it will take a while for anyone to reach Li RiChen standard in the Regular script... she is still the holds 2 world record in that area...

But running script, Tie Min is pretty good... and his 600 words and more bottle in this area is hard to match for now...

Pin

Pin, truly "各有千秋" (each has got his/her own specialty)... Wink

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: