About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 08:52:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Cinnabar bottle

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinnabar bottle  (Read 2789 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 07:07:42 pm »

Dear Adrian,

If  I can see them...
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2018, 10:31:51 pm »

You need to play "spot the ball". There are numerous little balls of resin you can see. 

I can't see the 'balls' either. Are they the same size as the pixels?   Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2018, 01:10:38 am »

Look closely Smiley

* aball.jpg (198.62 KB, 849x600 - viewed 24 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2018, 01:17:35 am »

Thanks George...!  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Jungle Jas

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2018, 02:29:20 am »

Yes thanks George, do you mind telling me by what wizardry you put those arrows on the screen. I'm a novice when it come to that soet of thing. Embarrassed

I think you missed a couple as well, One between the two rooves and the  hill the temple is on and another in the tree foliage.  Wink

Regards Jason.
Report Spam   Logged
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2018, 03:10:52 am »

Thanks, I will look more closely, in future [and with a magnifying glass!]  Roll Eyes Grin
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2018, 03:42:19 pm »

Yes thanks George, do you mind telling me by what wizardry you put those arrows on the screen. I'm a novice when it come to that soet of thing. Embarrassed

I think you missed a couple as well, One between the two rooves and the  hill the temple is on and another in the tree foliage.  Wink

Regards Jason.

Yes there are several more...

When I "right click" on an image stored on my computer, then select "edit", it will bring up this editing program called "paint" .. You should have the same or something similar.

Then just pick the color and arrow, circles, square, etc.. When your done, go to "file" (upper left of page) and scroll down to "save" for leaving it in the same file it was stored on your computer, or "save as" to move it to another file location.

* aedit.jpg (256.96 KB, 987x679 - viewed 27 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2018, 04:06:54 pm »

Dear Adrian,
when I saw your bottle, I did click on the image before reading your text and spotted the minute balls scattered here and there, then my first reaction has been “hey, Adrian has bought a fake bottle!”.
But then by reading the text I have seen that you were aware of that when you bought it.
I found really interesting your notes about a final covering layer of lacquer. It is not clear by what you said if that is a supposition or if it is true. Is that true?
If true, that will explain why in some cases the layers are not so apparent.
I agree that there are some materials apt for taking molds which have an extremely high resolution. See for example those meant for dentists.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Jungle Jas

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2018, 03:14:33 am »

Regards Jason.

Yes there are several more...

When I "right click" on an image stored on my computer, then select "edit", it will bring up this editing program called "paint" .. You should have the same or something similar.

Then just pick the color and arrow, circles, square, etc.. When your done, go to "file" (upper left of page) and scroll down to "save" for leaving it in the same file it was stored on your computer, or "save as" to move it to another file location.

Thanks George.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: