About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 12:15:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Cinnabar bottle

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinnabar bottle  (Read 2794 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 04:21:26 pm »

Dear Adrian,

I LOVE Inro!
I have a friend in Chicago/Honolulu, Ed Lewis. He's got a great collection of Japanese lacquer. And the Ticotin Japanese Museum in Haifa, Israel has a very good collection.
I've bought a few pieces of Japanese lacquer myself, but no Inro.

When I was visiting Giovanni one year, we went to visit a couple of Italian members of the ICSBS in La Spezia. While there, after lunch and after viewing their collection {Atomo Collection}, they took us to an antique fair. I bought a medium size (6-8 inch diameter) plate, cinnabar on porcelain, carved with a flower head, Taisho period (ca.1910-1935), for serving sweets at a formal tea ceremony.

By the way, THE BEST casual street/mall antique fairs I've ever been to, are in Italy! And I am including USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Belgium. Ireland was the worst [I'm sorry, a portrait of Elvis on velvet does NOT constitute an antique in my opinion! Shocked Roll Eyes Grin].

Wonderful! See you both in London. If you are bringing 'plus-ones', or if other Forum members are in London 19.July for dinner/20.July either lunch or dinner, please let me know so I can order enough Peking Duck. I did not think there was a difference between sliced and shredded duck meat, but it is day and night.

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: