About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 03:53:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A Recently Discovered Obsession...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Recently Discovered Obsession...  (Read 977 times)
SBNut

« on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:52 pm »

Dear Cathy,

I will definitely post the jade bottle once it arrives for some insight. It looks like 2 children, a Buddhist lion and a pine tree? I did like the other archaic chilong jade bottle you had as well but the symmetry of the 2 dragons seemed off - the jade did have a nice 'chicken bone' tone to it though. Unfortunately the other 3 put me over budget as the CAD$ is terrible right now + these "import fees" nickel and dime me to nothing! I think I will make a nice stopper for it as I have with a few of my other bottles. Do you have any further information on the white/red overlay bottle? The quality of the carving seemed very neat and well done to me. I had purchased an overlay with the same red/white so I can't wait to compare & share.

Dear Adrian,

Thank you! I have noticed that a lot of individual UK sellers have a ton of great items they've bought from UK auctions which must go fairly cheap there. I wish we had the amount of auction houses in this area as you do there. Thank you for the welcome!

Dear Joey,

After reading countless posts in this forum, I have to say I am quite envious that you have joined into this snuff bottle rat race so early before the craze turned to insanity. I can only imagine the collection of bottles you must have/had over the years. I guess we all have to start somewhere - unfortunately it seems the majority of the masterpieces have been snatched up in museum collections or private Chinese collections. I must commend you though, as you have given great insight and comments here I have actually learned quite a lot from your contributions.

Dear George,

Thank you again for the approval! I just finished reading your post on your Jet bottle - very beautiful!

Dear Giovanni,

Thank you! I love how everyone around the world is dying from the heat yet here in Vancouver it is cold and raining! We want summer! During my reading of the board I have seen a lot of your postings of your bottles and they are stunning - you have great taste. I can't imagine that Italy has a surplus of SB's, where have you been acquiring such high quality bottles - if you don't mind me asking?

* Daniel  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: