About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 09:20:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A Recently Discovered Obsession...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Recently Discovered Obsession...  (Read 1027 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« on: June 20, 2017, 02:15:45 pm »

Dear Daniel,

I've been collecting since I was 13, in Toronto Canada. I've NEVER bought a bottle on eBAY! I buy from fellow collectors, at auction, and from private dealers.

I was pleased that you added a bit about yourself - if you noticed, all who welcomed you listed where they lived.

Again, good luck in your collecting.
Best,
Joey Silver

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. After reading this forum - it's nice to see a lot of genuinely kind and respectful people here which is refreshing for an online community. I forgot to add that I am in Vancouver, Canada - which fortunately has a high percentage of old Chinese heritage population (in fact our Chinatown is only second to San Fran's in size) so I am hoping I will have a bit more luck picking up some local bottles. Cheesy

Can I ask, where does everyone usually source their bottles from? Ebay is usually swarmed but finding quality bottles is becoming more and more difficult the more I am learning.

Cathy,

That would be me. Can't wait to see them! I haven't seen them posted here (yet? as I haven't even made it to the jade section of the forum). I really like the honey agate one as it seems it would be nice to roll around with in the hand (part of the pleasure is the tactility of these bottles!). Thanks!

*Daniel
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: