About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 12:47:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Something Chinese to warm your heart

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something Chinese to warm your heart  (Read 304 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: June 17, 2017, 12:07:54 pm »

Hi All,

The  Hong Kong  snuff bottle "club" meets  tomorrow  for   dim sum  lunch (hey - we  have to keep up with  our   friends  in  Singapore !  Grin  )

If  there's anyone  in HK  who would  like to  join and  has  not been  invited please  contact me  by private  message  on the  Forum ASAP

And  here's something to  warm your  hearts  in these  days  of  depressing  news :  google  or  search  Youtube  for  "Celine Tam"  ( no -  not  Celine  Dion  :  "Celine Tam /  Chinese   girl  singer" ) 

OK  -  it's  not  Chinese  snuff bottles,  but  it is  about  things  Chinese,  small and  beautiful !

Smiley

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cshapiro

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »

Peter - what am amazing big voice that comes out of that little girl! Thanks for sharing - otherwise I wouldn't have seen it!
Report Spam   Logged

Cathy
wgeoff
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »

Two years ago this little girl was singing in an open auditorium next to my house in Hong Kong. She had a spectacular voice then which just seems to get better.

Since then, I've followed her progress through the China and UK "I've got talent" shows and now she wows them in USA.

Geoff 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:34:21 pm by wgeoff » Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 07:55:47 pm »

Hi Geoff

Seems  you are  ahead  of me  yet  again !   Grin

Watch Simon  Cowell's  face  change  from pure  scepticism  to  total amazement ...  just like  it  did  when when  Susan  Boyle  started  singing  for the   first  time

She  also  sang  at a  concert  for the  20th  anniversary  of the  HKSAR  - amazing !

See you  lunchtime  today  at my place  and we  go to the restaurant  from  there

Cheers

Peter

PS:  Isn't  China  SO  wonderful ?  That's why we both have Chinese  wives   Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:01:28 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: