About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 03:00:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Blue & White Porcelain Snuff Bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue & White Porcelain Snuff Bottle  (Read 993 times)
Luke
Private Boards

« on: June 10, 2017, 08:17:41 am »

Yes, congratulation Ming! Also, noticed this one and a few other blue and whites on ebay from the same seller.

Regarding the age of the bottle, I believe one dating clue is to look at the trefoil decoration around the neck of the bottle. With that particular design with the extra dots in between the bottle should be post 1855 - as that was the earliest date that decoration appeared with the extra dots(I could be 5-10 years off here as I don't have that particular book to hand right now). If I had to guess, I'd give your bottle a date of 1860-1910.

Report Spam   Logged

Collecting snuff bottles since 2016

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: