About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 10:44:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

The Mysterious Ku Yueh Hsuan

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mysterious Ku Yueh Hsuan  (Read 1974 times)
cshapiro

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:19 am »

Thanks Adrian! If you run across any original reign marks please send those too for my collection. Wink

And post your bottles on this thread. I think the more we look at them (old and new) and compare, we improve our chances of making better decisions in the future.

Allow me to share a couple of mine that have me confused! They are probably modern, but so well done! How can one tell the difference? Wink

The top one has transparent layers sandwiched in the glass. The bottom one is translucent pearl like glass. The top one has more of a flat base mark, the bottom one is raised. The enamel is thin on the top, thicker on the bottom. Neither one shows much wear.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:31:28 am by cshapiro » Report Spam   Logged

Cathy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: