About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 08:52:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Tiny middle period bottle.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiny middle period bottle.  (Read 1041 times)
forestman
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 08:50:56 am »

Dear Joey,

Question nothing and you learn little is, in my opinion, different to questioning just for the sake of questioning. The first does not automatically require the second.

I am a little confused in that you appear to contradict yourself by saying the bottles didn't have spoons which is why they were replaced with modern ones. You can't replace something that was never there.

My comment about an extra expense was made before you added that the bottles didn't have spoons. You now say the spoons would not be considered a cost, but a needed part. That was the point I was making, working on the assumption they did have spoons then to remove a perfectly good spoon and replace it with an inferior example makes no sense, Communist totalitarianism or not.

If the bottles didn't have spoons then it is entirely understandable that cheap, modern spoons would be added to sell them to Western buyers who may expect a spoon to be in place.

But if this was the case then are you not agreeing with Brian in that these red spoons are the first, and as such original, spoons that the bottles had ?  Wink   Smiley

Regards, Adrian.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: