About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 01:49:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Crystal Bottle with Citrine Inclusion

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Bottle with Citrine Inclusion  (Read 1214 times)
samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »

Dear Joey and Pat,

Let me try to solve the doubt here.. In my opinion, some characters' present simplified form did exist well before the PRC period, but they were not recognized as the official form, they could have been used as a cursive form of the characters in calligraphy. Of course many characters are deliberately and systematically simplified during PRC time. So it all comes to which sets of characters we are referring to... I'm unable to provide examples here, I think a person with deeper knowledge and skills in Chinese calligraphy would be in a better position to tell and distinguish.

Best,
Samson
Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: